Noarlunga Centre Interchange
|Distance||30.2 km from Adelaide|
725 & 724 to Old Reynella
721-723 to City
T721/T721X to City (Express)
733 & 734 to Westfield Marion
741 to Maslin Beach
743 & 744 Hackham West Circuit
745 & 747 Seaford Circuit
750 to Sellicks Beach
751 to Aldinga Shopping Centre
|Opened||2 April 1978|
Noarlunga Centre opened on 2 April 1978 as the terminus of the line when it was extended from Christie Downs. It was built as an island platform between the two rail tracks and the ticket office on the bridge above. Passengers accessed the platforms via escalators or a ramp and typically had a long walk between trains and buses.
In 1996 a third platform face was added alongside the western track, and the ticket office relocated onto the platform level. The project was completed in March 2004, since then most trains have used this western track, giving passengers safer and more direct access to connecting buses. Prior to the Seaford expansion, Platform 1 had been disused.
There are no storage facilities for trains at Noarlunga Centre. However a number of the extra railcars needed for peak-hour services on the line are stabled overnight in secure sidings at Port Stanvac, around four kilometres north, just beyond Lonsdale station.
Since the 1990s, there has been significant residential development at Seaford and Aldinga, south of Noarlunga Centre with several proposals to extend the rail line southwards from Noarlunga Interchange to serve the Seaford district. A corridor of land had been reserved.
- Seaford & Tonsley timetable Adelaide Metro 20 July 2014
- "Noarlunga Centre Reconstruction" Railway Digest March 1996 page 17
- Seaford rail extension moves forward as planning contracts awarded Anthony Albanese 12 August 2009
- Work starts on Seaford rail extension Projectlink 4 September 2009
- Seaford Rail Extension Project Adcor Constructions
- Seaford Rail Extension Thiess
- Seaford Rail Extension opened 23 February 2014 Department for Planning, Transport & Infrastructure
- Electrifying opening for the new Seaford line ABC Adelaide 23 February 2014
Media related to Noarlunga Centre Interchange at Wikimedia Commons