Noble College, Machilipatnam
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Noble College in Machilipatnam was founded by Robert Turlington Noble, a European missionary, in 1843. Noble came to Masulipatnam as a missionary in 1841 and stayed until his death. He and his friend Mr. Sharkey opened a native English school on November 21, 1843. That school became Noble College. This school was termed by Head of the Madras Government "The Cambridge of South India." It is one of the first four educational institutions opened in India by the British Government: Noble College can be considered as one of the first five colleges of India.
It is now administered by the Krishna Godavari Diocese of the Church of South India.
Noble College maintains a partnership with the Laubach-Kollege of the Protestant church in Hesse and Nassau (Germany).
- 21st Nov. 1843 into a monumental day in the lives of the people of Machilipatnam by establishing Noble Educational Institutions
- Rev. Robert Turlington Noble - B.A., (Cantab) 1843 - 1865
- Rev. J. Sharp - M.A., (Oxon) 1865 - 1878
- Rev. E. N. Hodges - M.A., (Oxon) 1878 - 1887
- Rev. C.W.A. Clarke - M.A., (Cantab) 1887 - 1906
- Rev. W. C. Penn - M.A., (Oxon) 1906 - 1922
- Rev. J. Roy Strock - M.A., D.D., 1922 - 1926
- Rev. A. B. John Stone - M.A., (Cantab) 1926 - 1934
- Rev. W. Shuttle Worth - M.A., (Oxon) 1934 - 1938
- A. F. Thyagaraju - M.A., (Penna) 1966 - 1973
- Dr. Thomas - M.A., Ph.D., (Penna) 1973 - 1975
- A David - M.A., 1975 - 1979
- G.A.F Jaya Paul - M.A., B.Ed., 1979 - 1980
- G.E.T Azariah - M.Sc., 1980 - 1994, Sad demise on 02.03.2016
- T. V. Prafulla Kumar - M.Sc., 1994 - 2001, Sad demise on 25.11.2015
- B. Prabhu Das - M.A., 2001 - 2003
- Dr. K. Samuel - M.A., Ph.D., 2003 - 2006
- Dr.(Mrs.) D. Nalini - M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., 2006 - 2012
- Dr.(Mrs.) P. V. Anila - M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., 2012 - ...
- Intermediate(Equivalent to Plus 1 and Plus 2) with Subjects like MPC, BiPC,CEC,MEC,HEC etc.., both in Telugu and English Meium
- Bacheolars Degree Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Statistics, Botany, Zoology, Commerce, Economics, History etc.., both in Telugu and English Meium
- Few post Graduation Courses
- Sri Podila Koteswara Rao, noted Telugu spiritual guru and philosopher
- Sri Vidya Prakasananda Giri Swamy, noted Telugu spiritual guru and philosopher
- Bhogaraju Pattabhi Sitaramayya, president of the Indian National Congress
- Kopalle Hanumantha Rao, Founder A.J. Kalasala, Machilipatnam
- Mutnuri Krishna Rao, Founder A.J. Kalasala, Machilipatnam
- Viswanatha Satyanarayana, poet, winner of Gnanapeeth Award
- Banda Kanaka Lingeswara Rao, Dramatist
- Kasu Brahmananda Reddy, former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh
- Kala Venkata Rao, former vice-president and general secretary of Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC)
- Lanka Sundaram, a member of parliament and an expert in International Law
- Most. Rev. Dr. Govada Dyvasirvadam, Bishop in Krishna-Godavari Diocese & Moderator in the Church of South India
- Kamalakara Kameshwara Rao, famous Indian film director popularly known as Pouraanika Chitra Brahma
- B. V. Subba Reddy, former speaker of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
- Dukkipati Madhusudhana Rao, Telugu cinema