|Public limited company|
|Traded as||NYSE: NE
S&P 600 component
|Predecessor||Noble Drilling Corporation|
|Headquarters||London, main office in Sugar Land, Texas</ref>|
|David W. Williams, Chairman & CEO
Adam C. Peakes, CFO
|Revenue||$2.302 billion (2016)|
|-$858 million (2016)|
|Total assets||$11.440 billion (2016)|
|Total equity||$6.467 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
The company provides quarterly updates on the status of its fleet on its website.
In 1985, Noble Affiliates, Inc. (now Noble Energy), distributed its shares in Noble Drilling Corporation to its shareholders via a corporate spin-off and Noble Affiliates began publicly trading on the NASDAQ.
In early 2009, the company moved its domicile from the Cayman Islands to Switzerland due to the potential for more U.S. taxes on Caribbean tax havens. In 2013, the company moved to the United Kingdom.
In 2010, the company acquired Frontier Drilling in a $2.16 billion cash transaction.
In 2014, the company distributed its interests in Paragon Offshore plc to its shareholders.
Accidents and incidents
Noble Discoverer mooring (2012)
In 2012, the Noble Discoverer drillship, operating under contract for Royal Dutch Shell lost its mooring and drifted close to shore. There were no injuries or environmental damage reported as a result of the accident.
Missing person on Noble Lloyd Noble drilling rig (2017)
In 2017, an employee went missing on the Noble Lloyd Noble drilling rig.
- Noble Corporation plc 2016 Form 10-K Annual Report
- Noble: Fleet Status Report
- "Noble Drilling Corporation Approves Corporate Restructuring". PR Newswire. January 31, 2002.
- "Noble Corp changing countries again, this time to UK". Reuters. July 1, 2013.
- "Noble Corporation Enters Into Agreement to Acquire Frontier Drilling and Strengthens Key Strategic Relationship". PR Newswire. June 28, 2010.
- "S&P 500 Reshuffling To Include Noble Corp". Forbes. January 12, 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- "PayPal Holdings Set to Join S&P 100 & 500; Others to Join S&P MidCap 400 and S&P SmallCap 600". PR Newswire. July 14, 2015.
- "Noble Corporation Completes Spin-Off Of Paragon Offshore". PRNewswire. August 4, 2014.
- D'ORO, RACHEL (July 17, 2012). "Shell Oil ship mishap in Alaska fuels concerns". Stuff.co.nz.
- "Search for man missing from Noble Lloyd Noble drilling rig scaled back". BBC News. May 10, 2017.