||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||NYSE: NE|
|Predecessor||Noble Drilling Corporation|
|Headquarters||London, main office in Sugar Land, Texas |
|David W. Williams, Chairman |
|Revenue||US$3.352 billion (2015)|
|-US$920 million (2015)|
|-US$511 million (2015)|
|Total assets||US$12.891 billion (2015)|
|Total equity||US$7.422 billion (2015)|
Number of employees
The company provides quarterly updates on the status of its fleet on its website.
In 1985, Noble Affiliates, Inc. (now Noble Energy), distributed its shares in Noble Drilling Corporation to its shareholders via a corporate spin-off and Noble Affiliates began publicly trading on the NASDAQ.
In early 2009, the company moved its domicile from the Cayman Islands to Switzerland due to the potential for more U.S. taxes on Caribbean tax havens. In 2013, the company moved to the United Kingdom.
In 2010, the company acquired Frontier Drilling in a $2.16 billion cash transaction.
In 2014, the company distributed its interests in Paragon Offshore plc to its shareholders.
Accidents and incidents
Noble Discoverer mooring (2012)
In 2012, the Noble Discoverer drillship, operating under contract for Royal Dutch Shell lost its mooring and drifted close to shore. There were no injuries or environmental damage reported as a result of the accident.
- Noble: Contact
- Noble Corporation plc 2015 Form 10-K Annual Report
- Noble: Fleet Overview
- Noble: Fleet Status Report
- Noble Corporation Overview
- "Noble Drilling Corporation Approves Corporate Restructuring". PR Newswire. January 31, 2002.
- "Noble Corp changing countries again, this time to UK". Reuters. July 1, 2013.
- "Noble Corporation Enters Into Agreement to Acquire Frontier Drilling and Strengthens Key Strategic Relationship". PR Newswire. June 28, 2010.
- "S&P 500 Reshuffling To Include Noble Corp.". Forbes. January 12, 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- "PayPal Holdings Set to Join S&P 100 & 500; Others to Join S&P MidCap 400 and S&P SmallCap 600". PR Newswire. July 14, 2015.
- "Paragon Offshore Completes Spin-Off From Noble Corporation". PRNewswire. August 4, 2014.
- "Shell's Noble Discoverer Mishap In Alaska Fuels Concerns". Huffington Post. July 16, 2012.