This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||SGX: CGP|
|Richard Samuel Elman (Chairman), William James Randall (Co-CEO), Jeffrey Scott Frase (Co-CEO)|
|Products||Agriculture, Energy, Metals, Minerals, Logistics|
|Revenue||US$46 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
Noble Group Limited (SGX: CGP) manages a portfolio of global supply chains across a range of industrial and energy products. They market, process, finance and transport key commodities, connecting low-cost producing regions with high-demand growth markets. The company is incorporated in Bermuda.
Listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
Included in the Fortune 500.
CIC cut its stake to less than 10% in 2014.
Noble's share price tumbled 65% as it suffered from criticism of its accounting practices, while its credit rating was downgraded to junk. The remaining 49% of its agricultural business was also sold.
Noble recorded net losses of $1.7 billion in 2015.
CEO Yusuf Alireza resigned on 29 May.
- "Noble's SGX IPO Prospectus" (PDF). Thisisnoble.com. Retrieved 2015-07-31.
- "CIC Buys 15% Stake in Noble Group to Gain Commodities". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2015-07-31.
- "Proposed Merge". Infopub.sgx.com. Retrieved 2015-07-31.
- "China's COFCO to pay $1.5 billion for stake in Noble's agribusiness". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2015-07-31.
- "Noble rating cut to ‘junk’ as commodities continue to tumble". SCMP. Retrieved 23 May 2017.