In 1920, he was qualified as a patent attorney and transferred to work in Shibaura's patent division. He was the first in-house patent attorney in Japan. In 1923, he left Shibaura and founded Sugimura International Patent and Trademark Attorneys. In 1925, he assisted Hidetsugu Yagi in securing a patent for the Yagi-Uda antenna. Yagi is listed among the Ten Japanese Great Inventors by the Japan Patent Office for this very invention.
- Irène Joliot-Curie's Atomic Energy Generation Device Case
- Hidetsugu Yagi's directional antenna (Yagi antenna)
- 水力電気鉄筋混凝土管: 設計及工作法（Maruzen、1918、ASIN B0093ED2VS）
- SUGIMURA International Patent and Trademark Attorneys. "History".
- Shigehiro Nishimura. Introduction of technology from abroad and a roll of a corporate patent division (外国技術の導入と特許部門の役割) (pdf). Kokumin Keizai Zasshi (国民経済雑誌). 186. Kobe University. p. 7.
- US 1394951
- Pierre-Yves Donzé、Shigehiro Nishimura (2013). Organizing Global Technology Flows: Institutions, Actors, and Processes. Routledge.
- Global Good Publishers. "SUGIMURA defends intellectual property in Japan and Silicon Valley". Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Nobuchika Sugimura (1918). "水力電気鉄筋混凝土管: 設計及工作法".