Nobuyo Ōyama (大山 のぶ代 Ōyama Nobuyo?, born on October 16, 1933 in Shibuya, Tokyo) is a Japanese voice actress currently represented by Actors Seven. Her real name is Nobuyo Yamashita (山下 羨代 Yamashita Nobuyo?); Yamashita is her husband's surname.
She is best known for playing the title character in the long-running Doraemon anime. She is also well known for voicing Monokuma, the main villain from the Danganronpa video-game series. She played him in both the video games and in the anime series Danganronpa: The Animation.
It was revealed on May 13, 2015 that Ōyama was suffering from dementia, putting any future work on hold. This notably prevented her from reprising her role as Monokuma in the anime series Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School.
Notable voice work
- Sazae-san (Katsuo Isono (first voice))
- Doraemon (Doraemon, 1979~2005)
- Norakuro (Norakuro)
- Hazedon (Hazedon)
- Hustle Punch (Punch)
- Invincible Super Man Zambot 3 (Kappei Jin)
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Monokuma)
- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Monokuma)
- Danganronpa: The Animation (Monokuma)
- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (Monokuma)
- Nobuyo OYAMA
- "Doraemon/Danganronpa Voice Actress Nobuyo Oyama Suffering From Dementia". Anime News Network. Anime News Network. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
|This biographical article about a Japanese voice actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|