Nodes of Ranvier (band)
|Nodes of Ranvier|
|Origin||Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States|
|Years active||2000–2008, 2017-present|
|Past members||Kyle Benecke
Zachary "Add" Poppinga
Nodes of Ranvier is a metalcore band from Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA, that was signed to Victory Records. The band is described as "one of Sioux Falls' most successful and popular acts ever." They have played with bands such as Bleeding Through, Every Time I Die, Bury Your Dead, Caliban, Comeback Kid, Norma Jean, Misery Signals, Extol and more across the US. The band's name refers to the myelin sheath gaps which are also called Nodes of Ranvier.
Nodes of Ranvier was formed in September 2000 and has seen 18 different band members including Nick Thomas, the singer from the Sioux Falls band The Spill Canvas, as well as Brian Anderson, lead singer and guitarist from the band All About Sam. By December 2007, the time of the band's break-up, the only remaining original member was guitarist Jon Parker. The band released its first three albums through record label Facedown Records. In February 2007, they signed with Victory Records. Although the band's signing with Victory was touted as a turning point, their July 2007 release, Defined by Struggle, revealed strains between the band and Victory, who reportedly did not do much to promote them. In mid-December 2007, news sources confirmed that Nodes of Ranvier would perform its last show in the same month and then disband. Guitarist Jon Parker, one of the band's founding members, confirmed the announcement to media outlets, ending weeks of fan speculation. On January 24, 2017, it was announced by Facedown Records that the band would be reuniting for Facedown Fest 2017, the 20th anniversary of the label.
- Studio albums
- Lost Senses, More Innocence (2002)
- Nodes of Ranvier (2003)
- The Years To Come (2005)
- Defined by Struggle (2007)
- Beauty with Now Words (2001; Demo)
- Innocence Broken/Nodes of Ranvier (2002; Split EP w/ Innocence Broken)
- Kyle Benecke - Vocals (2006-2008, 2017-present)
- Jon Parker - Guitars (2000-2008, 2017-present)
- Ryan Knutson - Drums (2000-2006, 2017-present)
- Scott McGuire - Bass (2017-present)
- Sheldon Swan - Guitar (2017-present)
- Jon Schuld - Bass (2001-2005)
- Terry Taylor - Bass (2005-2006) (Hammerlord, ex-The Blinding Light, ex-Suffer, ex-Caligari, ex-The Last Tyrant)
- Zachary "Add" Poppinga - Guitars (2000-2003)
- Nick Thomas - Guitars, Vocals (2000-2005) (ex-The Spill Canvas)
- Jeremy Schwartz - Bass (2000-2001)
- Tyler Maine - Bass
- Thomas Hentges - Vocals (2000-2005) (Burlap The Wolf King)
- Nick Murphy - Vocals (2005-2006), Bass (2004-2005) (Tennessee Murder Club)
- Jake Stefek - Guitars (2004-2008)
- Brady Murphy - Bass (ex-After the Sun) (2006-2008)
- Josh Ferrie - Drums (2006-2008) (Suffer, Tennessee Murder Club, ex-Fall, ex-The Blinding Light, ex-The Thirty Fathom Grave)
- Hariss, Chris (July 28, 2009). "Former Nodes Of Ranvier Bassist Loses Arms Im Near Fatal Accident". Noisecreep. Retrieved February 13, 2016.
- "Nodes Of Ranvier breaking up". The Gauntlet. Retrieved 2007-12-24.
- Morast, Robert. "No more Nodes". Argus Leader. Retrieved 2007-12-24.[dead link]
- "Nodes Of Ranvier Breaking Up". MetalUnderground.com. Retrieved 2007-12-24.
- Biography at Allmusic
- "Nodes of Ranvier breaking up". Lambgoat. December 14, 2007. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- Beard, Mason (January 24, 2017). "Facedown Records Announce Facedown Fest 2017 Lineup". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- "Nodes of Ranvier". Encyclopedia Metallum. Retrieved February 13, 2016.
- Beard, Mason (February 15, 2017). "Nodes of Ranvier Lineup for Facedown Fest 2017". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved February 15, 2017.