|Birth name||Noel G. Cabangon|
|Born||December 25, 1963|
Rosario, La Union, Philippines
|Years active||1987 - present|
He was born on the 25th of December 1963 in the town of Rosario, La Union. At the age of ten, he began his musical career and learned to play the guitar that he borrows from a neighbor. He made a name in the local music scene in 1982 beginning in little known folk houses and bars.
In 1987 he formed the group Buklod together with Rene Boncocan and Rom Dongeto. They produced three albums: Bukid at Buhay, Tatsulok, and Sa Kandungan ng Kalikasan. The band wrote and performed songs about the environment, human rights, and politics.
After the group disbanded, Noel Cabangon went on to record six solo albums; perform solo at music bars and private events;compose songs for the movies and for other artists; and enter the local theater industry as a musical director, as a composer or sometimes as an actor.
- Pasakalye (2000)
- Himig Nating Pag-ibig (2006)
- Byahe (2009)
- Panaginip (2011)
- Tuloy Ang Byahe (2012)
- Acoustic Noel (2014)
- Huwag Mangamba (Mga Awit Ng Pagtatagpo) (2015)
Awards and nominations
|Award||Song Title||Award Giving Body||Date||Result|
|Best Folk-Pop Recording||Dito Sa Kanto||Awit Award||2000||Won|
|Best Performance by a Male Recording Artist||Kahit Maputi na ang Buhok ko||Awit Award||2010||Won|
|Best World Music Recording||Binibini||Awit Award||2010||Won|
|Best Song Written for Movie/TV/Stage Play||Ang Buhay nga Naman||Awit Award||2010||Won|
|Album of the Year||Byahe||Awit Award||2010||Won|
|Album of the Year||Panaginip||Awit Award||2012||Won|
|Best Christmas Recording||Pasko Ng Pagbibigayan||Awit Award||2012||Won|
|Best Regional Recording||Usahay||Awit Award||2013||Won|
- "Noel Cabangon biography". Last.fm. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- "Noel Cabangon". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- "Noel Cabangon and company: Older, more mature, but still wielding the power of music". Inquirer Lifestyle. 23 February 2019. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- Cabangon, Noel G. (2005). Ang bayan ko at lupa: awit ng diwa (in Tagalog). Megabooks Co. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- "Ako'y Isang Mabuting Pilipino (I Am A Good Filipino)". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- "Pasakalye". Jesuit Communications Foundation. 2001. Retrieved 16 October 2019. Cite journal requires
- "Panaginip". Universal Records, Inc. 2011. Retrieved 16 October 2019. Cite journal requires
- "Noel Cabangon and Gloc 9 emerge triumphant in 23rd Awit Awards". PEP.ph. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- "Noel Cabangon's 'Panaginip' wins album of the year award". entertainment.inquirer.net. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- "The Philippine Awit Awards - About the Awit Awards". www.awitawards.com.ph. Retrieved 16 October 2019.