(Redirected from Noetic)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up noesis or noetic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Noesis (lit. "understanding", "intellect") is a Greek word referring to perception of the mind, what the nous does.
- Noesis, a classic-philosophical term, sometimes equated to intellect or intelligence
- Noema, technical term in the Brentano–Husserl "philosophy of intentionality" tradition
- Noetic theory, a branch of metaphysical philosophy concerned with the study of mind and intellect
In other uses:
- Noesis Cultural Society, a Romanian cultural organization
- Thessaloniki Science Center & Technology Museum - NOESIS
- The journal of the Mega Society, a high IQ society
- The Institute of Noetic Sciences
In arts and music:
- The name of a piece by Swiss contemporary composer Hanspeter Kyburz
- The name of a concerto for clarinet, violin and orchestra by Erkki-Sven Tüür
- Noesis (rapper), who fronts the band Philadelphia Slick
- The name of a song by the Japanese pop artist Gackt
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Noesis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.