Noir: A Shadowy Thriller
|Noir: A Shadowy Thriller|
Noir: A Shadowy Thriller is a 1996 adventure game developed by American studio TSi, Inc. and published by Cyberdreams for Windows. The game was preceded by Cyberdreams' I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream.
Noir: A Shadowy Thriller received mostly negative reviews. Ron Dulin of GameSpot criticized the difficult control and lack of any need for deduction, citing as an example that a safe automatically opens when the combination comes into view, even if the player doesn't make the connection. He found that while the visuals successfully recreated the noir feel, "The six storylines in the game are ridiculously generic ... None of the surprises or cynicism of the genre are present, and the occasional attempts at humor fall flat." A Next Generation critic similarly remarked that the game decently captured a noir mood, but the gameplay largely consists of blindly searching for "hot spots", and "players will be left with the underlying feeling of being led to the answers rather than discovering them."
- Freese, Bob (June 2002). "Noir: A Shadowy Thriller". Just Adventure. Archived from the original on 2002-10-04.
- Fournier, Heidi (April 25, 2003). "Noir". Adventure Gamers. Archived from the original on May 19, 2003.
- James, Bonnie (January 23, 1996). "Noir: A Shadowy Thriller". Electric Playground. Archived from the original on August 4, 1997.
- Ramsey, Steve (August 2002). "Noir: A Shadowy Thriller". Metzomagic.
- MrLipid (November 2004). "Noir: A Shadowy Thriller Review". Four Fat Chicks.
- Czajkowski, Michał. "Noir: A Shadowy Thriller". Przygodoskop.pl.
- Plunkett, Luke (March 21, 2012). "Before LA Noire, There Was This 1996 Noir Adventure Game". Kokatu.
- Stoschek, Monika (February 1997). "Noir: A Shadowy Thriller". PC Player.
- Gordon, Julie (January 1997). "Noir: A Shadowy Thriller". Computer Player (Volume 1, Issue 6). p. 70. Archived from the original on 2017-07-02.
- Dulin, Ron (December 17, 1996). "Noir Review". Gamespot.
- "Noir: A Shadowy Thriller". Next Generation. No. 27. Imagine Media. March 1997. p. 98.
- Steinlechner, Peter (February 1997). "Noir: A Shadowy Thriller". Power Play.