Jump to navigation Jump to search
A noisemaker is something intended to make a loud noise, usually for fun. The word may refer to:
- Pea whistle
- Air horn, a device composed of a pressurized air source coupled to a horn, designed to create an extremely loud noise
- Fireworks, such as firecrackers, bottle rockets, bang snaps and others
- Party horn, a paper tube often flattened and rolled into a coil, which unrolls when blown into, producing a horn-like noise
- Ratchets, an orchestral musical instrument played by percussionists. See also derkach and rapach.
- Siren (noisemaker)
- Vuvuzela, a plastic horn that produces a loud monotone note
- the head joint of the recorder which is used as a noisemaker
- Groan Tube
- Moo box
- Pop Toob
- Whirly tube
Noisemakers are popular with children as toy musical instruments. They can be perfectly included in loud rhythm bands.
|Look up noisemaker in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|