This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Compatible networks||GSM: 900 / 1800 / 1900|
|Availability by Region||February 1994|
The Nokia 2110 is a cellular phone made by the Finnish telecommunications firm Nokia, first announced in early 1994. It was the first Nokia phone with the famous Nokia tune ringtone. The phone has functions including SMS send/receive, and lists 10 dialed calls, 10 received calls and 10 missed calls. When the phone was released it was considerably smaller than others of its price and had a bigger display, so it became very popular. It also featured a "revolutionary" new user interface featuring with two dynamic softkeys, which would later lead to the development of the Navi-key on its successor Nokia 3110, as well as the Series 20 interface.
A later version Nokia 2110i came with a bigger memory and a protruding antenna knob, which was released in 1994.
A variant model, the Nokia 2140 (more popularly called the Nokia Orange), was the launch handset on the Orange network (now EE). It differed in that it was designed to work on the 1800MHz frequency then utilised by Orange, and had a slightly less bulbous design.
A North American model was also available called Nokia 2190. It was one of the earlier phones available on the Pacific Bell Mobile Services and Powertel's newly launched GSM 1900 network in 1995. A TDMA version was produced as the Nokia 2120.
- HP OmniGo 700LX, a palmtop PC with built-in Nokia 2110
- "Nokia's signature sound". Nokia.com. Archived from the original on 2009-04-01. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- "Nokia 2140 (Nokia Orange)". Mobile Phone History – Celebrating mobile life. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
Media related to Nokia 2110 at Wikimedia Commons
- "Nokia 2110". gsmarena.com. – full phone specifications
- "Overview and Specification". www.phonegyaan.com. Archived from the original on 2018-01-03.
- A Nokia 2110 User Manual
|This mobile phone–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|