|Slogan||"Bring everyone together"|
|Availability by region||4 November 2010|
|Dimensions||103.8 × 52.5 × 13.9 mm (4.09 × 2.07 × 0.55 in)|
|Mass||131 g (4.6 oz)|
|Operating system||Nokia Belle Refresh|
|Storage||up to 340 MB internal memory|
|Removable storage||2 GB Hot swap microSD included; up to 32 GB supported w/ microSDHC support|
|Battery||BL-5CT 1050 mAh Li-Ion battery|
|Display||640 × 360 px (nHD), 3.2" capacitive, multi-touch AMOLED display with the Nokia ClearBlack technology|
|Rear camera||8 Megapixels (main), 16:9 720p video, 25 FPS|
|Front camera||VGA, for video calling|
|Development status||Retail Availability in Q4 2010|
The Nokia C6-01 is a Symbian^3 smartphone from the Nokia Cseries. The C6-01 display features comes with a 3.2in AMOLED (640 × 360-pixels) display with capacitive touchscreen capabilities and Nokia's ClearBlack technology for improved outdoor visibility. The smartphone was released on November 4, 2010 for €260, excluding taxes and subsidies.
- Size: 103.8 × 52.5 × 13.9 mm
- Weight (with battery): 131 g (4.6 oz)
- Volume: 65 cm3 (4.0 cu in)
Keys and input methods
- Physical keys (Menu key, Call and End key, Power key, Lock key, Volume keys and a Two-Step Camera key)
- Finger touch support for text input and UI control
- On-screen alphanumeric keypad and full keyboard
- Available in silver grey and black (colour availability varies by country).
Display and user interface
- Screen size: 3.2"
- Resolution: 16:9 nHD (640 × 360 pixels)
- Capacitive touchscreen with Active-matrix OLED technology
- The new ClearBlack technology for improved outdoor visibility.
- Orientation sensor
- Digital Compass (Magnetometer)
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light detector
- Up to six customisable home screens (with Symbian Belle)
- Customisable profiles
- Ring tones: MP3, AAC, eAAC, eAAC+, WMA, AMR-NB, AMR-WB
- Video ring tones
- Themed icons, wallpapers, screensavers
- Changeable colour themes
- CPU : ARM11 680 MHz (ARMv6 Architecture).
- RAM : 256 MB SDRAM.
- GPU : 2D/3D Graphics HW Accelerator with OpenVG1.1 and OpenGL ES 2.0 support.
- ROM : 1 GB internal NAND, up to 320 MB available to user.
- microSD memory card slot, hot swappable, 2 GB microSD included; up to 32 GB supported with microSDHC support.
- BL-5CT 1050 mAh Li-Ion battery.
- Talk-time (maximum):
- Standby time (maximum):
- Video playback time (maximum): 6 h
- Video recording time (maximum): 4 h
- Music playback time (maximum): 50 h
- GPRS/EDGE class B
- HSDPA Cat9, maximum speed up to 10.2 Mbit/s, HSUPA Cat5 2.0 Mbit/s
- WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- TCP/IP support
- 2 mm connector
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Micro USB connector and charging
- High-Speed USB 2.0 (micro USB connector)
- 3.5 mm Nokia AV connector
- FM radio
- Quadband GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- Pentaband WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100
- Automatic switching between WCDMA & GSM bands
- Flight mode
Software and applications
Software platform and user interface
The C6-01 runs the Symbian^3 operating system. Symbian^3 supports three home screens, each with up to six widgets that the user can customize. First software update Symbian Anna with major improvements was released. Again, Symbian Anna was replaced with Nokia Belle on February 7, 2012 which brings major improvements in user interface and core functions.
- PC Applications: Nokia Ovi Suite, Nokia Ovi Player
- Online applications: Nokia Ovi Store, internet, messaging, Maps, Web TV, Mail, Chat
Personal information management (PIM)
- Detailed contact information
- To-do list
- 8 megapixel Digital camera Fullscreen 16:9 viewfinder with easy-to-use touchscreen parameters
- Still images file format: JPEG/Exif
- Smart Zoom up to 2× (digital) for still images
- Smart Zoom up to 3× (digital) for video
- Secondary camera for video calls (VGA, 640×480 pixels)
- Face recognition software
- Internal memory: up to 340 MB
- 2 GB MicroSD memory card included, hot swappable, up to 32 GB
- High-Speed microUSB to PC connectivity
- Main camera
- Secondary VGA camera for video calls
Video sharing and playback
Music and audio
- Flick scroll user interface to browse the albums in your music collection
- Music codecs: MP3, WMA, AAC, eAAC, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB
- Stereo FM radio (Wired headphones must be plugged in as they are used as the antenna)(FM Transmitter not included)