|Availability by country||2005—present|
|Rear camera||1.3 MP—8.0 MP|
|Development status||Active since 2005|
The Nokia Eseries consists of business-oriented smartphones, with emphasis on enhanced connectivity and support for corporate e-mail push services. All devices have advanced office features. Phones equipped with Wireless LAN also provide a VoIP client (SIP Protocol).
On April 11, 2008, Nokia Australia has advised that the E61i will be discontinued in May 2008 and be replaced by a more featured but smaller E71.
Connectivity and synchronization
Nokia provides the Nokia PC Suite software that allows synchronization and transfer of data, calendars, contacts, and more between most Nokia phones or to a Windows system via USB, Bluetooth or Infrared, the latter two being mostly used with portable systems like laptops, due to lack of Bluetooth or Infrared support in most PCs, especially in legacy systems.
Mac users can access the data on an E-series phone using a bluetooth connection, e.g. the Bluetooth File Exchange application native to OS X. Synchronizing addresses and calendars is done using iSync: some Nokia phones are supported natively by Mac OS X, some require that the user installs an iSync plugin from Nokia.
Nokia also provides Nokia Multimedia Transfer for managing user content on the device. NMT will synchronize music, videos and photos from selected iTunes playlists and iPhoto albums into the phone, transcoding and reducing the file size if necessary. It also presents the device as a digital camera in iPhoto for easy importing of photos and videos.
|Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (November 2012)|
- "New Nokia family of devices targeted at the business world" (Press release). Nokia. 2005-10-12. Retrieved 2006-05-28.
- "The smallest of Nokia Eseries, the Nokia E50 business device for mobile professionals" (Press release). Nokia. 2006-05-18. Retrieved 2006-05-28.
- "Nokia unleashes second wave of Nokia Eseries business devices" (Press release). Nokia. 2007-02-12. Retrieved 2007-02-14.
- Nokia's support page for Mac OS X
- Apple's download page for Nokia Multimedia Transfer
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nokia Eseries.|
- Nokia Eseries (Product Portal)
- Detail Information for all Nokia devices
- "Nokia E62 (finally) hits Cingular". Engadget Mobile. 2006-09-12. Retrieved 2006-09-12.
- "First Look: Nokia E61". OhGizmo!. 2006-06-08. Retrieved 2006-06-14.
- "E60 photos". Flickr. 2006-06-08. Retrieved 2006-06-12.
- "Nokia's E60, E61, and E70 E-series mobile business phones". Engadget. 2005-10-12. Retrieved 2006-05-28.
- "Nokia Eseries". phonescoop.com. 2005-10-14. Retrieved 2006-05-28.
- "VoIP on the Nokia E-Series". aql.com. 2006-10-19. Retrieved 2006-10-19.
- "How to set up VoIP with Asterisk on the E61 and E70". Christian Dannemann. 2006-12-11. Retrieved 2006-12-11.