Nokia Lumia 720
|Compatible networks||2.5G GSM/GPRS/EDGE – 850, 900,|
1800, 1900 MHz
3G UMTS/HSPA+ – 850, 900,
1900, 2100 MHz
|Availability by region||29 April 2013|
|Predecessor||Nokia Lumia 710|
|Successor||Nokia Lumia 730|
Nokia Lumia 735
|Related||Nokia Lumia 520|
Nokia Lumia 620
Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia Lumia 920
|Dimensions||127.9 mm (5.04 in) H |
67.5 mm (2.66 in) W
9 mm (0.35 in) D
|Mass||128 g (4.52 oz)|
|Operating system||Windows Phone 8, upgradeable to 8.1|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8227|
|CPU||1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Krait|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 305|
|Memory||512 MB RAM|
|Removable storage||microSD, up to 64 GB|
|Battery||Non-replaceable Rechargeable BP-4GW 3.7 V 2000 mAh Li-ion battery|
|Data inputs||Multi-Touch capacitive touchscreen, ambient light sensor, orientation sensor, high brightness mode, sunlight readability enhancements,|
|Display||4.3-inch (109.22 mm) WVGA IPS ClearBlack capacitive touchscreen with high sensitivity touch,|
480 × 800 pixels at 217 ppi
Gorilla Glass 2
|Rear camera||6.7 MP Carl Zeiss, HD video (720p)|
|Front camera||1.3 MP, HD video (720p)|
|Sound||Speaker, 3.5mm audio jack (Both AHJ and OMTP standards)|
|Other||Talk time: Up to 23.4 hours (2G) / Up to 13.4 hours (3G)|
Standby time: Up to 520 hours (21 days, 16 hours)
Internet use: Up to 13.4 hours (3G), up to 13.4 hours (Wi-Fi)
Audio playback: Up to 79 hours (3 day, 7 hours)
|Website||Nokia Lumia 720|
The phone features a range of back 'Shells' which will allow users to customize the look of their phone as well as adding functionality such as wireless charging (with the addition of a separate accessory case). A removable rear shell gives the device the benefit of easy replaceability (particularly in instances of damage). Action keys (volume, power and dedicated camera key) reside on the right, with a 3.5mm headphone jack mounted atop the device, and Micro-USB port at its base.
Its 4.3 inch display has a WVGA resolution of 800 x 480 pixels and an aspect ratio of 15:9.
- ClearBlack for improved outdoor visibility
- SuperSensitive display for easy use even with gloves, nails and the like.
- Screen protection provided by Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2.
Battery and charging
Supports wireless charging using an optional accessory cover. Also can be recharged physically using conventional wired power adapter or USB cable.
Uses a 2000 mAh capacity battery just as the larger Lumia 920 does and as a result has a longer battery life.
This is the first Nokia phone to replace Nokia Maps with the Here suite of navigation services such as Here Maps, Here Transit and HERE Drive, but it lacks HERE Drive+ unlike other second generation Lumia devices.
In January 2015, Microsoft released the Lumia Denim update for Nokia 720. The update fixes the bugs and adds new features to the phone.
- Nokia Lumia 720Nokia
- "Vodafone Spain offering Nokia Lumia 720 with Joyn app pre-installed | Windows Phone Central". Wpcentral.com. 29 April 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Nokia Lumia 720 review: Complete". Nothing Wired. 6 May 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- Blandford, Lafe. "Jays AB headset for Windows Phone and a note on headset standards". AllAboutWindowsPhone.com. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- Ly, Boc. "Sleek stylish Nokia Lumia 720 - Conversations". Conversations | Now part of Microsoft. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- Joel. "10 quotes you should read about the Nokia Lumia 520 and Nokia Lumia 720". Conversations Nokia. Retrieved 4 March 2013.
- "HERE Drive & HERE Drive+ Differences Explained (Updated 3/12)". My Nokia Blog. 11 March 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- Fraser, Adam. "Windows Phone 8.1 update: everything you need to know - Conversations". Conversations | Now part of Microsoft. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- Rubino, Daniel. "Windows Phone 8.1 and Lumia Cyan update tracker | Windows Phone Central". Windows Phone Central. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- VOLPE, JOSEPH. "Nokia Lumia 720 preview: a slim and 'trendy' Windows Phone 8 handset for the social networking set". Engadget. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- Media related to Nokia Lumia 720 at Wikimedia Commons