5.0.21325 / January 3, 2022
NolaPro is a cloud / web-based ERP application running under a proprietary commercial license. It was first released in 2003 as a freeware accounting alternative to SAP ERP and QuickBooks because of its ability to scale in these markets.
NolaPro is categorized as a boutique software, which allows custom functionality changes upon request. It permits unrestricted integration with 3rd party applications and offers source code procurement for companies to develop their own ERP systems.
The software includes the following modules:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Administrative Tools
- Business-to-Business (B2B) Web Portal
- Customer Database
- General Ledger
- Inventory Management
- Order Tracking (Fulfillment & Service)
- Payroll & Employee Timeclock
- Point-of-Sale (PoS)
- Shopping Cart (modified OSCommerce) for e-commerce transactions.
- Vendor Database
Multi-currency is available for NolaPro, making it one of the few small applications which supports monetary exchange rates. It has been translated into 30+ languages via contributions from the NolaPro community. An API is also available for developers who wish to integrate NolaPro with their in-house or 3rd party applications. From 2013-16, NolaPro was featured on all Lenovo devices under the Windows 8 store platform.
In November 2019, The Balance (formerly About.com) ranked NolaPro as the #1 option for Small Business Accounting software.
NolaPro was positively reviewed by Personal Financial Advices in June 2019, providing an accurate overview of the software's functionality and services.
CNet editors provided an unpaid review of NolaPro in January 2013, and awarded 4.5 out of 5 stars. It historically ranks in the top 10 out of over 1300 business apps on CNet's Download.com site.
CBS News Moneywatch featured NolaPro in January 2009, with Dave Johnson giving the software a very positive review.
NolaPro was featured on the cover of the Linux Journal in November 2008 and given a comprehensive 5 page assessment, resulting in a positive review.
TechRepublic blog writer Jack Wallen positively reviewed NolaPro 4 in January 2008 providing a comprehensive user-walkthrough and installation overview.
- Elmblad, Shelley (November 2019). "5 Accounting Software Choices for Small Businesses". Dot Dash.
- D, Michael (June 2019). "NolaPro Review 2019 – Online Accounting Software". Personal Financial Advices.
- "Editor's Review". CNet. November 2008.
- Johnson, David (January 2009). "Do Your Accounting for Free with NolaPro". CBS News.
- Diehl, Mike (November 2008). "Tracking Your Business Finances with NolaPro". Linux Journal.
- Wallen, Jack (January 2008). "NolaPro: The Right Tool for the Job?". Tech Republic.
- Cassavoy, Liane (May 2005). "The Right Stuff: Race ahead of the competition with the smartest software to help build and better your business". Entrepreneur Magazine. Retrieved 2008-03-13.