Nolan Shaheed (born Nolan Andrew Smith, Jr.; July 18, 1949 in Pasadena, California) is an American jazz musician, specializing in the cornet and trumpet, and a world record holding masters athlete.
Shaheed has been in the masters world rankings over various middle distance races since he turned 40. He was the second 50-year-old to break the 2 minute barrier in the 800 metres where he holds the current world record. He added the M50 world record in the Mile run and since turning 60 has added the world record in the 800 metres and 1500 metres. Indoors he holds the world records in the mile in all age divisions between M50 and M60, plus was part of the M50 4x800 m relay team. Domestically he has added the indoor M55 and M60 1500m records and M50, M55, M60 records in the 3000 meters.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2018)
With David Byrne
- Music for "The Knee Plays" (ECM, 1985)
With Teddy Edwards
- Mississippi Lad (Verve/Gitanes, 1991)
With Marvin Gaye
With John Handy
- Where Go the Boats (Warner Bros., 1978)
With Freddie Hubbard
- Bundle of Joy (Columbia, 1977)
With Carole King
- Simple Things (Avatar/Capitol, 1977)
- Niki Nana (Private Music, 1989)
- "Nolan Smith Discography". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "Interview". Slowtwitch.com. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "Nolan Shaheed - Trumpet - Engineer - The Secret of Christmas". thesecretofchristmas.net. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "800 meter ALL-TIME Rankings". Mastersathletics.net. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "USATF - Statistics - Records". Usatf.org. Retrieved 2016-07-24.