|Full name||Nolan John Kotahitanga o te Hau Tupaea|
Nolan John Kotahitanga o te Hau Tupaea is a New Zealand former professional rugby league footballer who played in the 1980s. He played at representative level for New Zealand (#557), and Wellington, as a Stand-off, i.e. number 6.
Tupaea played for the St. George club and the Petone Panthers in the Wellington Rugby League competition. Tupaea played for St. George between 1970 and 1979, being part of a premiership winning side in 1977. He spent 1973-74 season playing for Wigan, although he did not play in a first grade match. In 1979 he moved to Petone, winning premierships in 1980, 1981 and 1982. He was also part of their 1982 victory in the National Club Cup.
Tupaea represented Wellington, playing 64 matches between 1971 and 1985. He was selected for the Kiwi Colts in 1973 for a match against Queensland. In 1976 he represented the North Island against the touring Sydney Metropolitan side.
He represented the New Zealand Kiwis in 1980 on their tour of Great Britain and France. He didn't play a test match, but he did play in 11 games for the Kiwis, scoring three tries. In 1983 he toured Britain again, this time with the New Zealand Māori side.
- Nolan Tupaea rugbyleagueproject.org
- "Roll of Honour at nzrl.co.nz". nzrl.co.nz. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Past Kiwis → T at nzrl.co.nz". nzrl.co.nz. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Profile at nzleague.co.nz". nzleague.co.nz. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Team of the Century -Week 4 Wellington Rugby League
- Air New Zealand Rugby League Annual 1977 New Zealand Rugby League, 1977. p.p.10-11.
- "Petone Rugby League marks its 100th year". stuff.co.nz. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.