This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Location of Noland (top left)
|The Oz series location|
|Other name(s)||Kingdom of Noland|
|Created by||L. Frank Baum|
|Notable locations||Nole (capital)|
|Notable characters||Princess Fluff, Aunt Rivette|
The Kingdom of Noland is a fictional region neighboring the Land of Oz.
Its capital is Nole and it is ruled by the boy King Bud. Bud, the orphaned son of a fisherman (whose name is unknown), is often aided by his sister Fluff. It was Fluff who received the magic cloak (a garment which is able to grant each wearer one wish) from the fairies.
Noland was once attacked by Queen Zixi of the Land of Ix, who wished to obtain the magic cloak. The army of Ix was defeated when one of King Bud's royal counselors used the cloak to wish that the army of Ix would be driven from the land. Bud subsequently used the cloak to wish he would become Noland's best ruler.
Noland is ruled by an absolute monarch, whose word is law. If the monarch is away, his counselors are to consult to the Book of the Law for guidance. If the king dies, the 47th person to enter the gates of Nole is to be the new king or queen. Although Noland is located in the same vicinity as Oz and other magical countries, magic is relatively uncommon there, judging by the characters' stunned reactions to the magic cloak's powers.
- Betsy Barx - A woman who lived in Noland and is part of a quilting circle with Dame Dingle.
- Dame Dingle - A wrinkly old woman who lives in Noland and enjoyed making patchwork crazy-quilts with Betsy Barx, Lucy Lum, Molly Mitt, Nancy Nink, and Sally Sog.
- Edi - An old shepherd who lived in Noland.
- Fluff - A girl from Noland. She was also known as Margaret or Meg. She was the daughter of a ferryman, but became a princess of Noland.
- Jikki - The valet and principal servant of the King of Noland.
- King Bud - The boy king of Noland. He was the son of a ferryman, but became the King of Noland.
- Lucy Lum - A woman who lived in Nolan and is part of a quilting circle with Dame Dingle.
- Molly Mitt - A woman who lived in Nolan and is part of a quilting circle with Dame Dingle.
- Nancy Nink - A woman who lived in Noland and is part of a quilting circle with Dame Dingle.
- Rivette - The aunt of Bud and Fluff who later became a laundress.
- Sally Sog - A woman who lived in Noland and is part of a quilting circle with Dame Dingle.
- Tallydab - The fourth of the Five High Counselors of Noland and the lord high steward.
- Tellydeb - The last of the Five High Counselors and the lord high executioner.
- Tillydib - The third of the Five High Counselors of Noland and the lord high purse-bearer.
- Tollydob - The second of the Five High Counselors of Noland and the lord high general of the King's army.
- Tullydub - The chief of the Five High Counselors of Noland.