Bar in 2015
|Born||1973 (age 43–44)
|Alma mater||Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design|
|Occupation||Graphic designer, illustrator and artist|
|Known for||Negative Space Posters|
|Notable work||"Saddam Hussein"|
Avinoam Noma Bar (born in 1973) is an Israel-born graphic designer, illustrator and artist. His work has appeared in many media publications including: Time Out London, BBC, Random House, The Observer, The Economist and Wallpaper*. Bar has illustrated over sixty magazine covers, published over 550 illustrations and released two books of his work through Mark Batty Publisher: Guess Who - The Many Faces of Noma Bar in 2008 and Negative Space in early 2009.
Bar's work has become well known throughout the world, winning various industry awards; more recently the prestigious Yellow Pencil award at the D&AD Professional Awards 2012 for his series of Don DeLilo covers, created with London design studio It's Nice That. His London Design Festival exhibition 'Cut It Out', was selected as one of the highlights of the festival. The project was nominated in the graphics category for the Design Museum, Designs Of the Year 2012. In 2014, he illustrated Chineasy: The New Way to Read Chinese by Shaolan Hsueh, a book about Hsueh's visual-based method of learning Chinese.
Noma's work has been exhibited worldwide with solo shows in London, New York and Paris.
- BITTER/SWEET. KK Outlet, London. "Noma Bar has transformed flat illustrations into a variety of objects that include 3D wood cuts, installation pieces, screenprints and light boxes."
- CUT THE CONFLICT. Rook and Raven Gallery, London. "Cut the Conflict will take Noma Bar's distinctive mixture of ‘double-take’ imagery and biting social commentary to a new level, by collecting different materials from countries in conflict, and exposing their current political and social situation."
- LOOK OUT, NOMA BAR. L'Imprimerie Gallery, Paris. New artworks and sculptures.
- MESQUITA, Felipe. "Ilustrações com duplo sentido" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Dutch Uncle". Dutch Uncle.
- "KK Outlet". kkoutlet.com.
- "Press - Rook & Raven". Rook & Raven.
- "L'Imprimerie – Paris, le Marais » Noma Bar x G.H.Mumm". L'Imprimerie - Paris, le Marais.
- Noma Bar Portfolio
- Illustrator Noma Bar strives to 'Cut the Conflict' with a new exhibition in London
- Don DeLillo covers by Noma Bar
- Murakami covers by Noma Bar
- Picador's Don DeLillo Series Wins D&AD Yellow Pencil
- Noma Bar talks at the TypoCircle 2014
- Noma Bar Outcomes of a Smarter Planet collection of 20 posters