Nomad was a house music duo from the United Kingdom, who had several hits on the US Hot Dance Club Play chart, as well as some similar successes in the UK Singles Chart. Group members were Damon Rochefort (Nomad is Damon spelled backwards, thus the group's name.), Steve McCutcheon and Sharon D. Clarke.
In 1991 they hit number 1 on the US Dance chart, and number 2 in the UK, with the song, "(I Wanna Give You) Devotion", billed as Nomad featuring MC Mikee Freedom. Their follow-up single, "Just a Groove", reached number 16 on the UK Singles Chart.
Another single was "Something Special", also from the album Changing Cabins. Then followed "Your Love Is Lifting Me" and "24 Hours a Day". There was due to be a second album, entitled Different Drum, but this never materialized.
|1989||"The Raggamuffin Number" (featuring Daddae Harvey)||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||Changing Cabins|
|1990||"(I Wanna Give You) Devotion" (featuring MC Mikee Freedom)||2||37||10||8||13||10||5||11||6||1|
|1991||"Just a Groove"||16||—||29||10||32||12||6||40||10||—|
|1992||"Your Love Is Lifting Me"||60||—||—||39||—||—||31||—||—||—||Non-album singles|
|"24 Hours a Day"||61||212||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|1995||"(I Wanna Give You) Devotion (Remixes)"||42||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2003||"(I Wanna Give You) Devotion" (Spike vs. Nomad)||179||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released.|
- List of number-one dance hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the US Dance chart
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 397. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Official Charts Company: Nomad". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "Nomad - German Chart". charts.de. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "Nomad - US Dance Club Songs". billboard.com. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
|This article on a United Kingdom electronic music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a house music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|