Nomad (motorcycle club membership)
||This article may be confusing or unclear to readers. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
A Nomad is an individual who may or may not be a member of a motorcycle club, and not bound by geographic territory, or perhaps one which has not yet established one. There are exceptions to Nomads being members of clubs. One instance is military veterans' clubs, whose members may be scattered across the U.S., but yet do not have enough members in a particular area to form a club chapter.
Most motorcycle club members wear a territorial rocker (i.e., the bottom patch on the back of the jacket) which signifies what city/locale, state, or province their chapter is located in. A Nomad's territorial rocker, however, will simply say "Nomad" or "Nomads". This means that they hold no particular allegiance to a specific club chapter or area but should be respected and accepted widely by the club as a full member.
Whilst a Nomad has the right to be hosted by any chapter he appears at, he cannot direct a chapter as each one acts as an autonomous unit within the rules of the parent club. Nomads sometimes live in geographical areas which had fewer than the required numbers to form a chapter. They may have chosen to live somewhat solitary lives, or they may have been sent to an area with a mandate to establish a chapter.
Nomads Motorcycle Club
- Winterhalder, Edward (2005). Out in Bad Standings: Inside the Bandidos Motorcycle Club, The Making of a Worldwide Dynasty. Owasso, Oklahoma, USA: Blockhead City Press, 216.
- Droban, Kerrie (2007). Running with the Devil:The True Story of the ATF's Infiltration of the Hell's Angels. Guildford, CT, USA: Lyons Press, 9–10.
- Ashton, Kelly. "RIP Metho Tom". Ozbike: Thunder Down Under. no. 320, 18–22.
- Veno, Arthur (2004). The Brotherhoods: Inside the Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs. Sydney: Allen & Unwin, 67.
- Baker, Jordan. "Crime Inc's Riders". Sydney Morning Herald. 12 January 2008.
- Your Name Here. "Nomads Motorcycle Club of Cape Town". nomads.org.za. Retrieved 2015-03-08.
- "Nomads MC Germany". nomads-mc.de. Retrieved 2015-03-08.