Nomad (motorcycle club membership)
Some nomads live in geographical areas that have fewer than the required numbers to form a charter. They may even have been sent to the area with a mandate to establish a chapter. Other nomads may have just chosen somewhat solitary lives.
While nomads are not members of a charter, they are respected and accepted widely by the club as full members. Whilst a nomad has the right to be hosted by any charter he appears at, he cannot direct a charter, as each one acts as an autonomous unit within the rules of the parent club.
Most motorcycle club members wear a territorial rocker (i.e., the bottom patch on the back of the jacket) that signifies what city/locale, state, or province their charter is located in. A nomad's territorial rocker, however, will simply say "Nomad" or "Nomads".
- Droban, Kerrie (2007). Running with the Devil:The True Story of the ATF's Infiltration of the Hell's Angels. Guildford, CT, USA: Lyons Press, 9–10.
- Winterhalder, Edward (2005). Out in Bad Standings: Inside the Bandidos Motorcycle Club, The Making of a Worldwide Dynasty. Owasso, Oklahoma, USA: Blockhead City Press, 216.
- Ashton, Kelly. "RIP Metho Tom". Ozbike: Thunder Down Under. no. 320, 18–22.
- Veno, Arthur (2004). The Brotherhoods: Inside the Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs. Sydney: Allen & Unwin, 67.
- Baker, Jordan. "Crime Inc's Riders". Sydney Morning Herald. 12 January 2008.
- "Nomads Motorcycle Club of Cape Town". nomads.org.za. Retrieved 2015-03-08.
- "Nomads MC Germany". nomads-mc.de. Retrieved 2015-03-08.