|Industry||Healthcare, Technology, Staffing|
|Founder||Alexi Nazem, MD (CEO)|
Kevin P. Ryan (Chairman)
Maxwell Laurans, MD
Ryan Grant, MD
Nomad Health is an online marketplace that directly connects physicians, nurses, and medical facilities for healthcare jobs, without the involvement of third party employment agencies. Nomad Health is based in New York City.
Nomad Health was founded in 2015 by Dr. Alexi Nazem (CEO), Dr. Ryan Grant, Dr. Maxwell Laurans, Kevin P. Ryan (Chairman), and Zander Pease in New York City. From its outset, Nomad Health was built to connect physicians and medical facilities directly online for clinical temporary work, also known as locum tenens. The firm is a member of the Grand Central Tech startup accelerator program for the class of 2016 - 2017. In July 2016, Nomad raised $4 million in Series A funding that valued it at nearly $20 million. First Round Capital and RRE Ventures led the funding round, with participation from .406 Ventures.
In February 2018, Nomad raised $12 million in Series B funding led by Polaris Partners. Existing investors First Round Capital, RRE Ventures, and 406 Ventures also participated. In August 2019, Nomad raised $34 million in Series C funding led by Icon Ventures.[self-published source?]
Nomad Health operates in the temporary medical outsourcing industry, in a marketplace in which medical facilities and clinicians can find each other. It makes money by charging commission fees to employers when people are hired as contractors, and competes with employment agency recruiters by setting its commission lower than theirs.
In February 2018, over 30,000 clinicians and 1,500 medical facilities were using Nomad Health. As of August 2019, over 100,000 clinicians and over 4,000 healthcare facilities are using Nomad Health.[self-published source?]
- Hartmans, Avery. "This doctor was so frustrated trying to find freelance work, he founded a company to make it easier". BusinessInsider.com. Business Insider.
- Mack, Heather. "Nomad Health raises $4M for platform that helps doctors, nurses find freelance clinical work". MobiHealthNews.com. MobiHealth News.
- Gormley, Brian (2016-07-26). "Nomad Health Raises $4M for Online Market Connecting Doctors, Hospitals". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- Finley, Allsia. "High-Tech Help for the Freelance Physician". The Wall Street Journal. The Wall Street Journal.
- "Healthcare staffing startup backed by Business Insider co-founder views telemedicine as next market opportunity - MedCity News". medcitynews.com. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- Del Rey, Jason. "Business Insider and Gilt founder Kevin Ryan wants to fix health care next". Recode.net. Recode.
- LaMantia, Jonathan. "Digital health is helping to fuel the city's economy". CrainsNewYork.com. Crain's New York.
- "Kevin Ryan, Co-Founder of Business Insider and Gilt Groupe, Tackles Healthcare". Inc.com. 2017-07-26. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "Nomad Health Freelance Clinicians | PYMNTS.com". www.pymnts.com. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- McAlone, Nathan. "This program gives hot startups free office space in New York City for a year — meet this year's winners". BusinessInsider.com. Business Insider.
- "Nomad Health Raises $4 Million in Series A Led by First Round Capital and RRE Ventures". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- Mukherjee, Sy. "Prepare for the Digital Health Revolution". Fortune.com. Fortune.
- "A doctor was so frustrated trying to find freelance work that he built a startup around it — and it just raised another $12 million". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Nomad gets $12M to scale up, improve healthcare job portal". MobiHealthNews. 2018-02-26. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Nomad Health Raises $34 Million in Funding". www.businesswire.com. 15 August 2019. Retrieved 11 January 2021.
- "A startup that's tackling a massive healthcare crisis is moving in on a $7 billion market". Business Insider. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- "Nomad Health expands online marketplace to nurses". Healthcare Dive. Retrieved 2017-07-11.
- "This Startup Is Bringing the Gig Economy to Health Care With Virtual Doctor Visits". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Nomad Health opens online job board to telehealth providers". MobiHealthNews. 2017-11-20. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Nomad Health Raises $34 Million in Funding". www.businesswire.com. 15 August 2019.