Nomura Mansai II (二世 野村 萬斎 Nisei Nomura Mansai, born April 5, 1966 under the name Takeshi Nomura (野村 武司 Nomura Takeshi)) is a well known Kyogen stage actor, and film actor. He played Abe no seimei in Onmyoji and Onmyoji 2, an original work by Baku Yumemakura. He received the Best Actor prize at the Blue Ribbon Awards for his work in Onmyoji.
His debut was at the age of three in the drama, Quiver of The Monkey. Since then he has also been cast in the dramas: in Aguri in 1977, for which he had won many awards, and in Hana no Ran in 1994.
In March 2013, he appeared at the Japan Society and the Guggenheim Museum Rotunda in two productions: Shakespeare's Macbeth adapted to the noh and kyogen traditions with five actors, performed in Japanese with English subtitles and Sanbaso, Divine Dance.
- Mansai Nomura. Toho Kingdom. Accessed April 13, 2012.
- Mansai Nomura on IMDb
- 映画ナタリー [@eiga_natalie] (29 July 2016). "ゴジラの正体は野村萬斎だった！「シン・ゴジラ」でモーションキャプチャ担当 #シンゴジラ #野村萬斎" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Awards of the Japanese Academy
- Guggenheim Museum and Japan Society
- "Kyogen actor Mansai Nomura to oversee Tokyo 2020 ceremonies". The Japan Times. Retrieved September 28, 2018.
- Official website (in Japanese)
|This article about a Japanese actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|