Non Resident Nepali
|United Arab Emirates||125,000(2010)|
|Nepali · Nepal Bhasa · Limbu · Gurung|
|Hinduism · Buddhism · Kirant Mundhum · Islam · Christianity|
A Non Resident Nepali (NRN); (Nepali: गैर आवासीय नेपाली, Gair Aawasiya Nepali) is a citizen of Nepal who holds a Nepalese passport and has temporarily emigrated to another country for six months or more for employment, residence, education or any other purpose.
A person of Nepali origin is a person of Nepali origin or ancestry who was or whose ancestors were born in Nepal or nations with Nepalese ancestry but is not a citizen of Nepal and is the citizen of another country. A 'person of Nepali origin might have been a citizen of Nepal and subsequently taken the citizenship of another country.
Other terms with vaguely the same meaning are Overseas Nepali, Nepali origin and expatriate Nepali. In common usage, this often includes Nepali-born individuals (and also people of other nations with Nepalese ancestry) who have taken the citizenship of other countries.
According to the Non Resident Nepali Act, 2007 article II, the word 'Non Resident Nepali' does not include Nepali citizen or citizen of SAARC countries of Nepali descent living in SAARC countries. It further excludes the students and members and staffs of Nepali diplomatic mission staying in any foreign country.
The Non Resident Nepali Association was established by the conference held by 11–14 October 2003 in Kathmandu, Nepal. The fourth NRN global conference was held in 13–15 October 2009 in Kathmandu.
- Soldiers, Migrants and Citizens
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia - Official Website of Embassy of Malaysia, Kathmandu
- TheSunDaily: Malaysian trade team in Nepal, four MoUs in the pipeline
- Air Asia to launch Kathmandu- Kuala Lumpur flights
- Nepali diaspora[unreliable source?]
- Abdul Kader, Binsal (2010-05-17), "Number of Nepalese in UAE steady", Gulf News, retrieved 2010-07-17
- "ASIAN ALONE OR IN COMBINATION WITH ONE OR MORE OTHER RACES, AND WITH ONE OR MORE ASIAN CATEGORIES FOR SELECTED GROUPS". United States Census Bureau. United States Department of Commerce. 2011. Retrieved 25 December 2011.
- "Estimated population resident in the United Kingdom, by foreign country of birth (Table 1.3)". Office for National Statistics. September 2009. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- "2011 Census: Australia's changing multicultural mix". 2011 Census analysis. id.com, sourced from the Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2013-01-25.
- "ネパール連邦民主共和国基礎データ", 『各国・地域情勢』, Tokyo, Japan: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, retrieved 2013-01-25
- "Thematic Report: Ethnic Minorities" (PDF). Publications and Products of the 2006 Population By-census (Census and Statistics Department, Hong Kong) (xvi). 2007-12-28. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- "Ethnic origins, 2006 counts, for Canada, provinces and territories - 20% sample data", Ethnocultural Portrait of Canada, Census 2006, Statistics Canada, retrieved 2010-01-27
- Non Resident Nepali Act, 2007