Noname Jane in July 2006
|Other names||Ada, Jane, Violet, Violet Blue, Violet Heat, Violetta Blue, Violet Lust|
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
Noname Jane is an American pornographic actress. In the majority of the pornographic films in which she appeared, she used the stage name Violet Blue. In October 2007, a lawsuit brought by the author of the same name charged that Jane had adopted the author's name and persona, prompting Jane to change her stage name to Violetta Blue, and then to Noname Jane, in response to an injunction in the case.
Jane was born in Aberdeen, Washington and she is of Cherokee, Dutch, English, and French descent. She stated that she began "messing around with boys" at around age 7 and that she had sexual intercourse for the first time at age 13 while her parents were out playing bingo. She began studying magick and witchcraft at the age of 16 and was initiated into Ordo Templi Orientis, a Thelemic religious organization, at age 21.[dead link]
Prior to making pornographic films, she claimed, in an interview, to have worked as a stripper in Salt Lake City, UT, and she only started acting in pornographic movies in Los Angeles after pornographic magazines were not interested in her. She appeared in over 300 pornographic films under the name "Violet Blue", several of which were produced by Wicked Pictures and Vivid Entertainment. The films became popular in Japan, and she performed in two pornographic films with Japanese men. She was represented by the Gold Star Modeling talent agency.
In April 2005, Noname Jane announced that in May, she would return to her home state of Washington and that her husband would stay in Los Angeles to continue working for pornographer Stoney Curtis. Her mother had bought a house for her to live in. She expressed that she wanted to help care for her sick father and to give her son a healthier environment. Jane announced that she would continue to be represented by Gold Star Modeling, and she also said, "I'll be anxious to come back and visit my porn valley friends so let me know when you have me in mind for a project."
In August 2006, Noname Jane announced by email that she would no longer perform in pornographic scenes with men, stating her reasons as a desire to be monogamous with her boyfriend, Dick Danger. She gave birth to her second child, a girl whom she named "Clover", in May 2007. She also hosts an Internet radio show called Recipes for Sex on KSEX. In July 2007, she announced a "memorabilia sale", offering the clothing she had worn and sex toys that she had used in photo shoots and films.
In January 2009, Noname Jane announced on her Myspace blog that she would resume working with male talent. In August 2010, Noname Jane announced on her MySpace blog that she would only be performing with one male actor, Dick Danger, and that, in spite of her earlier announcement, she had not subsequently worked with any other male talent.
Trademark infringement issue
In October 2007, author Violet Blue filed suit in federal court alleging trademark violation and dilution, as well as unfair business practices with  author Blue's persona and belatedly-trademarked name being used. The pornographic actress had used the name since 2000 and was financially unable to properly defend herself. The court issued a preliminary injunction that forced her to stop using the name "Violet Blue" or anything confusingly similar; the stage name Noname Jane was adopted instead.
Awards and nominations
- "Noname Jane". Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- Ryan Singel (2007-10-24). "Sex Writer Violet Blue Sues Porn Star Violet Blue Over Name". Wired News. Retrieved 2007-10-24.
- Pornstar Violet Blue Changes Name"; Adult Industry News; November 3, 2007
- Mark Kernes (2008-05-16). "Noname Jane, The Best Performer You Never Heard Of". AVN. Retrieved 2008-05-18.
- Violet Blue Interview, Rogreviews.com
- "Violet Blue Interview". Adult DVD Talk. Archived from the original on 16 February 2003. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Official bio". Noname Jane's Official Site. Archived from the original on March 28, 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-12.
- Violet Blue Goes to Washington. Adult Industry News (April 19, 2005).
- Violet Blue Memorabilia Sale. Adult Entertainment News (July 31, 2007).
- Myspace.com Blog Archived 2009-01-12 at the Wayback Machine (January 14, 2009).
- Myspace.com Blog Archived 2009-02-07 at the Wayback Machine (August 05, 2010).
- "S.M.U.T. 14 (Video 1999)". IMDb. 1 July 1999. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- US Patent and Trademark Office (search for Violet Blue)
- "2002 AVN Award Winners". 2002. Archived from the original on December 4, 2013. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Noname Jane.|