Noncommutative standard model
In theoretical particle physics, the non-commutative Standard Model, mainly due to the French mathematician Alain Connes, uses his noncommutative geometry to devise an extension of the Standard Model to include a modified form of general relativity. This unification implies a few constraints on the parameters of the Standard Model. Under an additional assumption, known as the "big desert" hypothesis, one of these constraints determines the mass of the Higgs boson to be around 170 GeV, comfortably within the range of the Large Hadron Collider. Recent Tevatron experiments exclude a Higgs mass of 158 to 175 GeV at the 95% confidence level and recent experiments at CERN suggest a Higgs mass of between 125 GeV and 127 GeV. However, the previously computed Higgs mass was found to have an error, and more recent calculations are in line with the measured Higgs mass.
- Noncommutative geometry
- Noncommutative quantum field theory
- Timeline of atomic and subatomic physics
- Pralavorio, Corinne (2013-03-14). "New results indicate that new particle is a Higgs boson". CERN. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Bryner, Jeanna (14 March 2013). "Particle confirmed as Higgs boson". NBC News. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Higgs Boson Discovery Confirmed After Physicists Review Large Hadron Collider Data at CERN". Huffington Post. 14 March 2013. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Resilience of the Spectral Standard Model
- Asymptotic safety, hypergeometric functions, and the Higgs mass in spectral action models 
- Alain Connes (1994) Noncommutative geometry. Academic Press. ISBN 0-12-185860-X.
- -------- (1995) "Noncommutative geometry and reality," J. Math. Phys. 36: 6194.
- -------- (1996) "Gravity coupled with matter and the foundation of noncommutative geometry," Comm. Math. Phys. 155: 109.
- -------- (2006) "Noncommutative geometry and physics,"
- -------- and M. Marcolli, Noncommutative Geometry: Quantum Fields and Motives. American Mathematical Society (2007).
- Chamseddine, A., A. Connes (1996) "The spectral action principle," Comm. Math. Phys. 182: 155.
- Chamseddine, A., A. Connes, M. Marcolli (2007) "Gravity and the Standard Model with neutrino mixing," Adv. Theor. Math. Phys. 11: 991.
- Jureit, Jan-H., Thomas Krajewski, Thomas Schücker, and Christoph A. Stephan (2007) "On the noncommutative standard model," Acta Phys. Polon. B38: 3181-3202.
- Schücker, Thomas (2005) Forces from Connes's geometry. Lecture Notes in Physics 659, Springer.