|Founded||September 26, 1996|
|Founder||Zhong Shanshan (钟睒睒)|
|Headquarters||Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China|
|Zhong Shanshan (Chairman)|
|Products||Bottled water, Beverages|
|Nongfu Spring Co., Ltd.|
Nongfu Spring (simplified Chinese: 农夫山泉; traditional Chinese: 農夫山泉; pinyin: Nóngfū Shānquán) is a Chinese bottled water and beverage company headquartered in Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang province.
The company adheres to a "natural and healthy" product concept. They promise to not use tap water in the production of their bottled drinking water, and never add any artificial minerals in drinking water. They also believe in constructing plants and filling bottles at their water sources in order to ensure that all processes are completed at the water source.
In 2015 Nongfu Spring Natural Mineral Water successively received 5 top international design awards:
- 6 May 2015, The Dieline Awards 2015 1st Place for Non-Alcoholic Beverages,
- 21 May 2015, D&AD – Wood Pencil award,
- 29 May 2015, Best Design Award and the Gold Award in the Non-alcoholic Beverage Packaging Design Category, in the 17th International Food and Beverage Creative Excellence Awards (FAB Awards).
- Nongfu Spring Natural Mineral Water won The Design Week Award and is the only one winner in packaging.
- Platinum Pentawards- On the 26 September 2015 Nongfu Spring Natural Mineral Water was crowned Best of the Beverages category at the Pentawards during the ceremony which was held at the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), London.
The company was established on September 26, 1996.
The company grew steadily in strength and stature over the years, achieving revenues of more than 10 billion yuan ($1.53 billion) in 2011.
On April 10, 2013, the Beijing Times accused the company of intentionally not adopting Chinese national water standards and instead adopting the lower standards of Zhejiang province. This started a dispute between the company and the newspaper. In November 2013, the company accused the Beijing Times of defamation and also filed a lawsuit in the Beijing Second Intermediate People's Court against the newspaper, which demanded 60 million yuan ($9.85 million USD).
The water products, the company sells water-soluble vitamin C drinks, Shuirong C100 (C: 水溶C100, P: Shuǐróng C100, "Soluble C100"), and Nongfu Orchard (农夫果园) juices.
In 2010, "Victory Vitamin Water" (维他命水) beverage In 2011, "Oriental Leaf" (东方树叶) sugar-free tea beverage
In 2012, "Whisked Milk Tea" (打奶茶) series of milk tea beverages
In 2015, "Nongfu Spring" Natural Mineral Water (in glass bottles),"Nongfu Spring" natural drinking water (suitable for infants and young children), and "Nongfu Spring" natural mineral water with the sports cap.
In 2016, "Nongfu Spring" Natural Mineral Water (Limited edition in Monkey Year), 17.5°NFC (Not From Concentrate)100% Orange Juice & Apple Juice, Tea π(fruit flavored tea), Fruit flavored soft drink (水葡萄、水荔枝、水柚子、水柠檬). Nongfu Spring 100% NFC Orange Juice, Apple Banana Juice & Mango Blended Juice.
- "Nongfu Spring Co., Ltd." Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved on April 10, 2014. "No. 148 Shuguang Road Hangzhou, 310007 China"
- "联系方式." Nongfu Spring. Retrieved on April 10, 2014. "公司地址 杭州市曙光路148号 (310007)"
- "The Dieline Awards 2015: 1st Place Non-Alcoholic Beverages- Nongfu Spring - premium mineral water." The Dieline Awards 2015. May 4, 2015. Retrieved on June 23, 2015.
- "Nongfu Spring Mineral Water". www.dandad.org. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- "Nongfu Spring Mineral Water." FAB Awards. Retrieved on June 23, 2015.
- "A foray into new waters|Companies|chinadaily.com.cn". usa.chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- Zhao, Lei. "Nongfu Spring accuses Beijing Times of defamation." China Daily. November 5, 2013. Retrieved on April 10, 2014.
- "Nongfu Spring defends its water Archived 2014-04-10 at Archive.is." Global Times. November 23, 2013. Retrieved on April 10, 2014.
- (in simplified Chinese) Nongfu Spring