|Created by||Damon Albarn
|Voiced by||Haruka Kuroda
Noodle is a fictional Japanese-born English musician and member of the British virtual band Gorillaz. She provides the lead guitar, as well as some occasional main and backing vocals for the band. Like all other band members of Gorillaz, she was created in 1998 by Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett. Noodle has been voiced by Japanese actress Haruka Kuroda, singer-songwriter Miho Hatori of trip-hop group Cibo Matto, and Talking Heads bassist Tina Weymouth.
When first conceptualizing the depiction of a guitarist for Gorillaz, Hewlett was initially considering depicting her as a 17-year-old adolescent girl carrying guitars, but Albarn noted that the idea was too similar to what Hewlett usually draws and suggested that Hewlett should create "something different". Taking Albarn's advice, Hewlett came up with the first official Noodle, a 10-year-old Japanese girl. Later, Hewlett drew her as 13 years old, and since then, he said he has "aged" her further.
- Phares, Heather (2011). "Artists – Biography – Gorillaz". Allmusic. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- Bananaz. HanWay Films (2008)
- Charts of Darkness. Dazed Film & TV (2001)
- Berman, Stuart (11 January 2007). "Miho Hatori: Ecdysis Album Review". Pitchfork.
- Wilks, Jon (11 February 2014). "Cibo Matto's Yuka and Miho share the secrets to their 'second marriage'". The Japan Times.
- Aquilante, Dan (2 April 2006). "Idiot's Guide To The Gorillaz - The Grammy-Winning Cartoon Brit-Rockers". New York Post.
- Birrell, Ian (7 November 2008). "Monkey business: Artist Jamie Hewlett reveals how he created his anti-hero". The Independent. UK. Archived from the original on 22 January 2010. Retrieved 23 December 2008.