|Birth name||Kevin John Wasserman|
|Born||February 4, 1963|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Associated acts||The Offspring|
Kevin John Wasserman was born in Los Angeles, California. Before joining The Offspring, Noodles played in a local band called Clowns of Death. He was allegedly in The Offspring because he was the only person old enough to provide alcohol for the rest of the members. He earned the nickname "Noodles" for his frequent noodling (a technique of playing) on the guitar. At one of the band's earlier shows, he was stabbed in the shoulder by a skinhead.
During the band's early days, Noodles worked as a janitor at Earl Warren Elementary School in Garden Grove. Before Smash was released, he had been planning to quit the band, but the surprising success of "Come Out and Play" forced him to reconsider.
On their DVD release Huck It (2000), as part of a mock interview, Noodles claims to like the "finer things in life", such as red wine, classical music, cigarettes, and poetry. He occasionally goes snowmobiling and snowboarding.
Noodles generally plays Ibanez guitars, and he has now had four signature models, each of which is a Talman. His first was the NDM1, which has a duct tape finish. Second was the NDM2, which has The Offspring's logo with glasses on the pickguard. His third signature guitar, the NDM3, had P90 pickups. His latest signature guitar is the NDM4. It also has P90 pickups and has a sunburst finish on it. He prefers DiMarzio Tone Zone pickups.
In the early days of The Offspring, he played a wider range of guitars, including Fender Telecasters, Ibanez Talmans and Gibson Les Pauls. He also owns other guitar models, such as Paul Reed Smith guitars, a Fender Stratocaster and other Fender models, Jackson guitars, and Gibson guitars. In an interview on The Offspring's Complete Music Video Collection, Noodles said that he gave his Stratocaster to one of the actors that appeared on the video for their 1994 single "Self Esteem".
- "Biography for Noodles". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Noodles". Theoffspringsite.com. Archived from the original on 4 October 2013. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "History". Offspring.com. Archived from the original on 23 June 2011. Retrieved 17 October 2009.
- SPIN. SPIN Media LLC. March 1999. p. 92. ISSN 0886-3032. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- "Offspring Star's Humble Roots". contactmusic.com. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "The Offspring Biography". Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2007-08-10.
- "10 Unlikely Signature Guitars". MusicRadar. US: Future Publishing Limited. 14 August 2009. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "Interviews - Guitar Center". gc.guitarcenter.com. Archived from the original on 21 October 2014. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kevin Wasserman.|