Noor Azmi Ghazali
Noor Azmi Ghazali
|Chairman of the Malaysian Highway Authority (PLUS)|
12 October 2016 – 11 October 2018
|Preceded by||Ahmad Hamzah|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Bagan Serai
|Assumed office |
6 May 2013
|Preceded by||Mohsin Fadzli Samsuri (IND)|
Noor Azmi bin Ghazali
28 November 1961
Bagan Serai, Perak, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) (until 2018)|
Malaysian United Indigenous Party (PPBM) (2018-present)
|Barisan Nasional (BN) (until 2018)|
Pakatan Harapan (PH) (2018-present)
|Residence||Bagan Serai, Perak, Malaysia|
Dato' Dr. Haji Noor Azmi bin Ghazali (born 28 November 1961) is a Malaysian politician from the Malaysian United Indigenous Party (PPBM) currently serving as the Member of Parliament (MP) of Malaysia for Bagan Serai constituency.
In May 2013, Ghazali first contested to become a MP in the 13th Malaysian general election and subsequently won the Bagan Serai seat with a 1,140 majority. He was successfully re-elected as MP for the same seat in the 14th Malaysian general election, albeit with a razor-thin majority.
On 24 June 2018, following Barisan Nasional's spectacular fall from power in the aftermath of the 2018 Malaysian general election, Noor Azmi announced his resignation from the now-opposition United Malay National Organisation (UMNO) and became an independent. Following months of speculation, it was announced on 28 November 2018 that he has joined PPBM, one of component parties of the ruling Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition together with four Senators.
|2013||Bagan Serai||Noor Azmi Ghazali (UMNO)||23,014||50.90%||Mohd Nor R. M. Monutty (PKR)||21,874||48.38%||46,386||1,140||84.66%|
|Abd Latiff Mas'ud (IND)||329||0.73%|
|2018||Noor Azmi Ghazali (UMNO)||17,220||36.44%||Rohaya Bakar (PAS)||17,048||36.08%||48,381||172||81.60%|
|Adam Asmuni (PPBM)||12,987||27.48%|
- "Dr Noor Azmi, 4 Senator sertai BERSATU". Syed Umar Ariff, Mohd Iskandar Ibrahim (in Malay). Berita Harian. 28 November 2018. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "PRU-13: Rasmi - BN menang di Parlimen Bagan Serai" (in Malay). Utusan Malaysia. 6 May 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "Noor Azmi Ghazali Named Malaysian Highway Authority Chairman". Malay Mail. 1 November 2016. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "Bagan Serai MP denies accounts frozen". Malay Mail. 5 July 2018. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "SEMAKAN PENERIMA DARJAH KEBESARAN, BINTANG DAN PINGAT". Prime Minister's Department (Malaysia). Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- "Sultan of Perak's 60th Birthday Honours List". The Star. 5 November 2016. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|