|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Public Joint Stock|
(January 7, 2009 )
Number of locations
|H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman
|Products||Insurance (Takaful) products covering the following;
Commercial Motor Fleet,
Commercial General Accident,
|Services||Shari'a compliant insurance|
|Owner||Noor Investment Group LLC, Noor Bank PJSC|
Number of employees
|Parent||Noor Investment Group|
Noor Takaful is the Shari’a compliant insurance (Takaful) brand of Noor Investment group. The company's two entities, Noor Takaful Family PJSC and Noor Takaful General PJSC were officially launched on 7 January 2009. The company offers a range of personal and commercial insurance takaful products with an emphasis on personalized services founded on the Shari'a principle of Wakala. Noor Takaful is a subsidiary of Noor Investment Group and sister company of Noor Bank.
The products and services are governed by a Shari’a Board composed of leading Islamic scholars with extensive experience and expertise in legal, financial and banking-related matters.
Both Noor Takaful Family PJSC and Noor Takaful General PJSC are owned by
Board of directors
- Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman
- Soud Baalawy
- Essa Kazim
- Hussain AlQemzi
- Dr. Ahmed Aljanahi
- Farrukh Seer
- Mahomed Akoob
- January 2009: Noor Takaful (Noor Takaful General) obtains license from the UAE Insurance Authority
- January 2009: Noor Takaful issues its first insurance (Takaful) certificate
- January 2009: Noor Takaful establishes its head office at Business Central Towers (Dubai)
- January 2009: H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum officially launches Noor Takaful
- April 2009: Noor Takaful launches its first advertising campaign for promoting travel, motor, medical and marine takaful products with the tag line ‘Because you never know what life has in store’
- April 2009: Noor Takaful conducts its first joint road show with its sister company, Noor Islamic bank at the Mall of the Emirates, Dubai
- April 2009: Noor Takaful sponsors the World Takaful Conference 2009
- June 2009: Noor Takaful launches Noor Travel Takaful and Individual Medical Takaful products
- June 2009: Noor Takaful sponsors Pakistan vs Australia Twenty20 cricket matches
- July 2009: Noor Takaful launches its Marine Cargo and Marine Hull Takaful products
- September 2009: Noor Takaful jointly sponsors the Ramadan prayer timetable in the Al Emarat Al Youm newspaper with its sister company Noor Islamic Bank.
- October 2009: Noor Takaful Launches etakaful and becomes the first online Takaful operator in the GCC
- October 2009: Noor Takaful Launches motor insurance campaign deployed over an integrated media platform
- October 2009: Noor Takaful jointly sponsors Leaders in Dubai 2009 with Noor Islamic Bank
- October 2009: Noor Takaful sponsors Pakistan vs New Zealand Twenty20 cricket matches
- November 2009: Noor Takaful launches new corporate website to support eTakaful
- December 2009: Awarded Best Takaful Operator 2009 by 'Islamic Business Awards' held CPI Financial
- July 2010: Awarded Best New Takaful Company and Best Takaful Marketing Campaign at the Takaful 2010 awards
- February 2012: Takaful Insurer of the Year in the MENA region by MENA Insurance Awards
- February 2014: Best Takaful Company UAE at the International Takaful Summit
- November 2016: Best Takaful Operator UAE at the Islamic Business and Finance Awards by CPI Financial
- Bloomberg (13 April 2010). "Noor Takaful Revenue to Double to $54M". Arabian Business.
- Frank Kane; Mahmoud Kassem (December 10, 2013). "Gulf investors to set up first Islamic bank in the euro zone". The National. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- Abdul Basit (November 29, 2013). "Banking sector to flourish strongly in UAE". Khaleej Times. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "300 Insurance leaders gather to lay new foundations for growth of Takaful Industry in the context of the global economic crisis", Zawya, UAE, 13 April 2009
- Benham, Jason (15 April 2009), "Islamic insurance to grow up to 40 percent", Reuters, UAE
- Burns, Carrie (15 April 2009), "E&Y: Takaful Market to Grow Significantly", Insurance Networking News, UAE
- "GCC execs in for a reality check at Leaders in Dubai Business Forum", MENAFN, UAE, 26 October 2009
- "Noor Takaful Awarded the "Best New Takaful Company" And "Best Takaful Marketing Campaign" At The 4th International Takaful Awards 2010". Middle East Events. July 20, 2010.
- Byrne, Michael (February 2, 2012). "Noor Takaful named Takaful Insurer of the Year in the MENA region". SME Advisor.