Alto Vista Chapel in 2011
|Time zone||UTC-4 (AST)|
Noord (Dutch pronunciation: [noːrt]) is a town and region in Aruba (part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands). This town is known for its low rise and high rise hotels, restaurants, beaches, malls, the California Lighthouse, and other places of attraction.
The town of Tanki Flip is home to an Amerindian settlement whose remains date from 1000 to 1500. The village contained several malocas (long houses) with several smaller round houses and a central hut surrounded by an open plaza. The village was fenced off and inhabited by Caquetio people.
- Jean-Marc Antersijn (1996), football player.
- Olga Orman (1943–2021), author, poet and storyteller.
- Sidney Ponson (1976), a Major League Baseball pitcher.
- Aruba Central Bureau of Statistics (29 September 2010). Fifth Population and Housing Census, 2010: Selected Tables (PDF) (Report). p. 75. Retrieved 11 October 2020.
- "Noord, Aruba". Aruba.com. Retrieved 12 October 2020.
- Robert N. Bartone (1995). "The structure of Tanki flip- Aruba". St. Petersburg, Florida: Proceedings of the XVI International Congress for Caribbean Archaeology. pp. 171–173.
- "Jean-Marc Antersijn". Voetbal.com. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- Quito Nicolaas. "Olga Orman; 1943 – 2021". Werkgroep Caraibische Letteren (in Dutch). Retrieved 1 May 2021.
- "Sidney Ponson". Espn. Retrieved 12 October 2020.
- Media related to Noord (Aruba) at Wikimedia Commons