From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Nootka in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Nootka may refer to:
- The Nuu-chah-nulth indigenous peoples and their Nuu-chah-nulth language
- The Nuu-chah-nulth word Nootka means circle as in the water circles the island
- Captain Cook mistook the word as the name of this west-coast tribe.
- The place called Nootka Sound, home to the Mowachaht, also known as the Nootka Indian Band
- The island known as Nootka Island
- The three treaties signed in the 1790s, known as the Nootka Conventions
- The associated Nootka Crisis
- The ship HMCS Nootka (R96)
- The ship HMCS Nootka (J35)
- The Nootka Rose or Rosa nutkana
- The Nootka Cypress or Callitropsis nootkatensis
- The Nootka Fault on the South Coast of British Columbia, Canada
- Nootka Elementary School, in Vancouver, British Columbia
- Nootka Jargon, a Nootka (Nuu-chah-nulth) pidgin used as a trade language along the Pacific Northwest coast
- Nootka alkaligrass
- Nootka lupin
- Nootka mythology
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Nootka.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.