NorSea Com 1
It has landing points in:
And connecting the following platforms:
- Draupner platform, operated by Gassco
- Ula oil field, operated by BP
- Ekofisk, operated by ConocoPhillips
- Valhall oil field, operated by BP
- Murdoch gas field, operated by ConocoPhillips
The cable system is owned by Tampnet AS.
Installation started in 1998 and the cable was ready for service in 1999 with an initial capacity of a STM-16 system of 2.5 Gbit/s. Later, Enitel added a 16x10 Gbit/s wavelength-division multiplexing system. The cable contains 24 optical fibers.
NorSea Com-1 has a cable length of about 750 km between Draupner and Lowestoft. Between Draupner and Kårstø (ca 200 km) the system uses fibers in Statoil's submarine cable.