This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Nora "Dodo" Denney|
May 5, 1928
Lee's Summit, Missouri, U.S.
|Died||November 20, 2005
Crestline, California, U.S.
|Cause of death||Cancer|
|Other names||Dodo Denney|
Nora "Dodo" Denney (May 5, 1928 – November 20, 2005) was an American stage, television, and film actress.
She was born Dolores Teachenor in Kansas City, Missouri. Her nickname, Dodo, was derived from the first syllable of her first name, although she would eventually use the first name Nora as well.
Her show business career began in Kansas City when she was hired by the local television station Channel 5 (KCMO TV) to play Marilyn the Witch, an onscreen host for horror movies. She performed in many television series, including Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, Hart to Hart, Get Smart, Room 222 and That Girl.
Her film credits include Who's Minding the Mint? (1967), I Walk the Line (1970), Do Not Fold, Spindle or Mutilate (1971), I Wonder Who's Killing Her Now? (1975), American Hot Wax (1978) and Truman (1995). She made her final film appearance in 1999 in Ang Lee's Ride with the Devil. She played "Mrs. Teevee" in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971), and appeared in Splash (1984).
Personal life and later years
She was married to Alan Denney, an Art Director/illustrator for Hallmark Greeting Cards. While the couple raised their two sons, she became a popular character actress in films and television. The couple had two sons, Dix and John, founders of the Los Angeles-based punk rock band The Weirdos. She was also an avid gardener. Denney died on November 20, 2005, aged 77.
- A Fine Madness (1966) - Waitress (uncredited)
- Who's Minding the Mint? (1967) - Bertha
- I Walk the Line (1970) - Darlene Hunnicutt
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971) - Mrs. Teevee
- Do Not Fold, Spindle or Mutilate (1971) - Trudy
- I Wonder Who's Killing Her Now? (1975) - Theater Ticket Clerk
- American Hot Wax (1978) - Louise's Mom
- The Gong Show Movie (1980) - Tourist Lady
- Force: Five (1981)
- Splash (1984) - Ms. Stein
- Mr. and Mrs. Bridge (1990) - Second Bridge Player
- Truman (1995) - Mama Truman
- Ride with the Devil (1999) - Elderly Woman (final film role)
|This article about an American theatre actor born in the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|