Nora Bergliot Ibsen (born 1951) is a Norwegian theatrical producer, noted for being the producer of the 2006 Ibsen Year, Norway's major anniversary of playwright Henrik Ibsen's death 100 years earlier, including high profile celebrations in multiple countries. The Ibsen Year was one of the Norwegian government's major cultural undertakings in 2006, aimed at increasing appreciation of Henrik Ibsen and Norwegian culture internationally. The Ibsen Year comprised 8213 separate cultural events, and 83 countries took part in the commemoration.
She is the great-great-granddaughter of both Henrik Ibsen and Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson, the 1903 Nobel Prize in Literature laureate. She is the daughter of diplomat Tancred Ibsen, Jr., the granddaughter of pioneer film director Tancred Ibsen and dancer and actress Lillebil Ibsen, and the great-granddaughter of Prime Minister Sigurd Ibsen. She is named for the character Nora in Ibsen's play A Doll's House as well as for her great-grandmother Bergliot Ibsen. She is, together with her father and sister Hedda Ibsen, one of only three remaining male line members of the Ibsen family.
The opening ceremony of the International Ibsen Year in Oslo, produced by Nora Ibsen and attended by the royal family and distinguished guests, presented Hedda Gabler as a Chinese opera, Ghosts as a ballet, as well as a rap version of Peer Gynt. The ceremony was also broadcast on NRK1. Nora Ibsen also produced the International Gala performance of Peer Gynt at the Great Pyramid of Giza, which was held under the auspieces of Egypt's First Lady Suzanne Mubarak and also attended by Queen Sonja of Norway.
- Tippoldebarnet får Ibsen-året på skinner - Aftenposten
- Arven etter Ibsen - Dagbladet
- Ibsen-året 2006 - Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Three-Dimensional Ibsen: Politics, Feminism and the Stage - regjeringen.no
- Den internasjonale del av Ibsenåret 2006
- Arven etter Ibsen - Magasinet - Dagbladet.no
- International Gala performance of Peer Gynt in Giza
- The word on Henrik Ibsen
- Ibsen Year 2006 in Egypt
- Det kribler i magen - Aftenposten
- Stor ståhei rundt Peer i Egypt - Aftenposten
- - Dette ville oldefar ha likt - Aftenposten
- Skrev Wergeland-stykke på en uke - Kultur - Fredriksstad Blad