Nora Tschirner at the Berlinale (2009)
|Born||Nora Marie Tschirner
12 June 1981
East Berlin, East Germany
Nora Marie Tschirner (born 12 June 1981) is a German film actress and former television and radio presenter.
Nora Tschirner was born in East Berlin (then East Germany) to the documentary film director Joachim Tschirner and the radio journalist Waltraud Tschirner. She grew up with her two older brothers in the East Berlin suburb Pankow. She attended John-Lennon-Gymnasium in Berlin, as did Sarah Kuttner, with whom she is friends. She completed her Abitur at the Rosa-Luxemburg-Oberschule in Pankow. She made her first appearance on television in 1997 with a role in the ZDF children's series Achterbahn.
In 2001, she was cast as a VJ for MTV and worked for the station until 2007. In addition, she hosted the radio program "Blue Moon" on Radio Fritz (RBB) with Stephan Michme. In 2004 she appeared with Christian Ulmen in his show Ulmens Auftrag on MTV. In 2007 she hosted the First Steps Awards. She was also seen in OneRepublic's Secrets music video as the main character.
After appearing as Anya in Conny Walter's Wie Feuer und Flamme (2001), she was the leading actress, playing Paula Behringer, in the ARD series Sternenfänger (2002). In 2003 she played alongside Matthias Schweighöfer as Katharina in Soloalbum, from the novel with the same title by Benjamin von Stuckrad-Barre. In 2005 she was the leading actress, playing Titzi in Anno Saul's Kebab Connection and some smaller roles in television series including Ein starkes Team and Abschnitt 40. She was the leading actress playing alongside Christian Ulmen in the film FC Venus – Elf Paare müsst ihr sein. In 2006 she played in the ZDF science fiction series Ijon Tichy: Raumpilot, a filming of The Star Diaries by Stanisław Lem. It won the German Television Prize and was nominated for the Grimme-Preis. In 2007 she was the leading actress alongside Til Schweiger in the romantic comedy Keinohrhasen. For this role, she won a Bambi in the national film category in 2008. In 2012, she voiced the main role of Merida in the German dub of Brave. From 2013, Tschirner and Christian Ulmen will play a team of investigators in the Weimar-based episodes of the Tatort series. In the German version of the 2013 reboot of the video game Tomb Raider, she voices the main character Lara Croft.
She participated on the songs "Das ewige Date" and "Küss mich schnell bevor Du platzt" on the album Brichst du mir das Herz, dann brech ich dir die Beine by Olli Schulz und der Hund Marie. In 2012 Nora Tschirner together with Tom Krimi and Erik Lautenschläger founded the band project "Prag". They released the "cineastic pop" album "Premiere".
- 2002: Sternenfänger (series)
- 2004: Sicherheitsstufe 1, Ein starkes Team
- 2004: Ulmens Auftrag
- 2005: Nichts geht mehr (13th Street Shocking Short)
- 2006: Die ProSieben Märchenstunde, Hans im Glück as apprentice witch 'Rabea'
- 2007: Ijon Tichy: Raumpilot (6 episodes science fiction series)
- 2007: Das letzte Stück Himmel
- 2011: Ijon Tichy: Raumpilot (Second season, 8 episodes)
- 2013: Tatort (2 episodes)
- 2001: Wie Feuer und Flamme (Never Mind the Wall)
- 2003: Soloalbum
- 2005: Kebab Connection
- 2006: FC Venus – Elf Paare müsst ihr sein (FC Venus - Made in Germany)
- 2006: The Conclave
- 2007: Rabbits Without Ears
- 2008: La noche que dejó de llover
- 2009: Vorstadtkrokodile
- 2009: Vicky the Viking
- 2009: Mord ist mein Geschäft, Liebling
- 2009: Rabbit Without Ears 2
- 2010: Vorstadtkrokodile 2
- 2010: Hier kommt Lola!
- 2010: Bon Appétit
- 2011: Vorstadtkrokodile 3
- 2012: Offroad
- 2013: Everyone's Going to Die
- 2013: Girl on a Bicycle
- 2008: Bambi - film national for the performance in Keinohrhasen
- 2009: Jupiter - best actress (national) for the performance in Keinohrhasen
- 2010: GQ Woman Of The Year Award
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nora Tschirner.|
- Gala (52): 74. 2007-12-20. Missing or empty
- SZ-Magazin (9): 5 ff. 2004. Missing or empty
- "Kebab Connection". Cinema International. Murray State University - Department of Modern Languages. Archived from the original on 2008-04-18. Retrieved 2008-05-14.
- Ilel, Neille (2005-06-02). "Kung Fu Kebab—Love, Art And Food In Immigrant Germany". Queens Chronicle. Townnews.
- "Rabbit without Ears". Festival of German Films. Goethe-Institut. Retrieved 2008-05-16.[dead link]
- "Celebrity Search: "Til Schweiger"". Wire Image. 2008-11-27. Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- Huge, Hanna (2012-04-19). "Merida: Nora Tschirner spricht Hauptcharakter des neuen Pixar-Films". FilmJunkies.de (in German). Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- "Bericht: "Tatort”-Macher angeln sich Tschirner und Ulmen". Hamburger Abendblatt (in German). dpad Presseagentur. 2012-10-24. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- "Lara Croft"-Stimme Nora Tschirner: Schreien, stammeln, stöhnen". Spiegel Online (in German). 2013-01-16. Retrieved 2013-02-06.