Nora Young at the Northern Voice conference in Vancouver, February 2009
Nora Young is a Canadian broadcaster and writer. She was the original host of CBC Radio's Definitely Not the Opera, a guest host of The Sunday Edition and has produced documentaries for CBC shows such as Ideas.
In September 2007, Young, Elizabeth Bowie, Tom Howell, and Dan Misener launched Spark on CBC Radio One. The show, which Young hosts, focuses on "the way technology affects our lives, and the world around us". The show utilizes a unique format, in which users can contribute to future shows by posting ideas, interview questions for upcoming guests, and stories on Spark's blog.
In 2012, Young wrote a book called The Virtual Self. She has spoken about her experiences in various media at events such as the Podcasters Across Borders and Northern Voice conferences, and has contributed to the Toronto Star. Young lives in Toronto.
- Mini-bio on Spark
- Young, Nora (2006). "Young's blog Crisper". Archived from the original on 2006-08-19. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- About Us | Spark CBC Radio
- Burke, Jasmyn Lighting a Spark Ryerson Review of Journalism. March 17, 2008.
- Because the future smells funny Digital Doodles. February 3, 2007.
- Gunn, Andrew (2012-05-09). "Virtually In Order". Canadian Interviews. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- PAB2008 Speaking Program Podcasters Across Borders 2009.
- The Architecture of Happiness The Toronto Star. September 26, 2006.