Geng studied law at University of Würzburg and completed his legal clerkship from 1994 to 1995. He worked as an editorial journalist for the WISO-Steuerbrief (ZDF) and afterwards as a lawyer in Erfurt for four years before he became syndic of the HUK-Coburg insurance group. In 2000 he graduated at the University of Jena with his conferral of a doctorate about "Ausgleich und Abfindung der Minderheitsaktionäre der beherrschten Aktiengesellschaft bei Verschmelzung und Spaltung" ("Chargeback and compensation of the minority shareholders of the controlled Aktiengesellschaft during merger and splitting."). Since 2002 he has been professor at the faculty of commercial law at the University of Applied Sciences in Schmalkalden.
- Norbert Geng on the website of the FH Schmalkalden University of Applied Science (German).
- The author (German)
- University of Jena faculty of law
- Norbert Geng, University of Applied Sciences in Schmalkalden.
- Norbert Geng verstärkt Bundesvorstand der Partei der Vernunft (German), press release, Party of Reason, 4 September 2010.
- Eine Partei gegen den Verdruss (German), Südwest Presse, 26 March 2011.