An international performer, Kraft has also recorded and (together with his wife Bonnie Silver, who is also a pianist and harpsichordist) produced many albums on the Naxos Records label. In 1994, he launched the label's Guitar Collection as producer and artistic director.
Kraft specializes in solo guitar pieces from the 17th to 20th centuries as well as concerto repertoire. He has published many arrangements and transcriptions of baroque and later solo and chamber music, including works for guitar and harpsichord. He has compiled and edited a series of graded technical exercises and repertoire for the guitar. These were published in 1978 as "Classical Guitar Editions" and were adopted as official curriculum by the Royal Conservatory of Music (Toronto). He is also a composer for classical guitar.
- Grand Prize in the 1975 Canadian CBC Radio Competition
- 1985 Andrés Segovia International Guitar Competition (the first North American to do so)
- Gramophone Magazine "Critic's Choice for 1989"
- Classic CD Magazine "Favourite CD of the Year"
- Maurice J. Summerfield: The Classical Guitar. Its Evolution, Players, and Personalities Since 1800 (5th edition, Blaydon-on-Tyne: Ashley Mark, 2002), p. 170–171.
- "Norbert Kraft". Canadian Encyclopedia. Historica-Dominion. Retrieved 23 December 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Norbert Kraft". Naxos. Retrieved 23 December 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Article at the Canadian Encyclopedia
- Some photos of LP covers[permanent dead link] (Oviatt Library Digital Collections)
- Naxos Recordings