|Headquarters||Newry, Northern Ireland|
Founding CEO & Chairman
Norbrook is a United Kingdom-based pharmaceutical company. It was founded in 1969 by the late Lord Ballyedmond as Norbrook Laboratories Ltd in Northern Ireland. In 1970, Norbrook began manufacturing of veterinary pharmaceuticals. In 2011 the Norbrook Group was listed by the Belfast Telegraph in its Top 100 Companies list as being in position 28
Pharmaceuticals and consumer products
- Closamectin – Closamectin is a pioneer drug developed by Norbrook for the treatment of fluke, worms and other external parasites.
- Carprieve – A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) for the treatment of osteoarthritis in dogs.
- Loxicom oral Suspension – A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) for the treatment of pain in cats and dogs.
- Loxicom Injectable – A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) for the treatment of pain in cats and dogs, scour in cattle, musculo-skeletal and locomotary conditions in horses and pigs.
- Flunixin – A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used in horses, cattle and swine in different parts of the world.
- Peptizole - First generic omeprazole for Equine gastric ulcer syndrome in the UK.
- 1987 Norbrook receives its first Queens Award for Export
- 2002 Norbrook receives the Queens Award for Export Achievement for the fourth time
- 2011 Norbrook receives the Queens Award for Enterprise
- Norbrook is the only company in the world which is licensed by the United States Food and Drugs Administration to manufacture sterile injections for veterinary use outside the USA and import them for sale in USA territory.
- "28. Norbrook Group – Company List, Top 100 Companies". The Belfast Telegraph. 8 April 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "> Generic Drugs: History, Approval Process, and Current Challenges". USPharmacist.com. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Closamectin Pour on and Injection – Norbrook Pharmaceutical Worldwide". Closamectin.com. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Scientists create cattle wonder drug – Local & National, News". The Belfast Telegraph. 2 September 2009. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Norbrook Laboratories – Veterinary, Equine, Farm Animal and Pet Products". Norbrook.com. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Carprieve at Veterinary Medicines Directorate". Search.vmd.gov.uk. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Pharmaceutical firms win Queen's Awards for Enterprise". Manufacturingchemist.com. 21 April 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.