Nordics are typically described as six to seven feet tall (about two meters) with long blonde hair and bright blue, glowing and infatuating eyes that change colour (from the bright blue to a dark blue or a green), and are commonly reported as being male. Their skin is said to range from fair colored to tanned, they are reported to be in excellent physical shape, and they are sometimes described as wearing skintight clothing. One report notes that they seem to be unaffected by strong odors, as if they have no sense of smell. During the 1950s, many contactees, especially those in Europe, reported beings fitting this description. Such claims became relatively less common in subsequent decades, as the grey alien supplanted the Nordic in most accounts of extraterrestrial encounters, but Nordic aliens are still occasionally reported.
Nordic aliens have been described as benevolent or even "magical" beings who want to observe and communicate with humans. Contactees have said that the Nordics are concerned about the Earth's environment or prospects for world peace, and may transmit messages telepathically. American social worker John Carpenter said that the typical Nordic, as described by those he interviewed, "is paternal, watchful, smiling, affectionate, youthful, [and] all-knowing." Stephanie Kelley-Romano says that the Nordics "are often associated with spiritual growth and love and act as protectors for the experiencers." A few claimants say that the Nordics have warned them about the grey aliens, but other claimants say that they have seen Nordics inside the same craft as greys. In such reports, the Nordics are often interpreted as leaders, with the greys as their subordinates. Jenny Randles writes that although she believes Nordics have "certainly" been involved in abductions she feels the abduction is "less essential to the encounter than it is with the [greys]."
David J. Skal says that early stories of Nordic-type aliens may have been partially inspired by the 1951 film The Day the Earth Stood Still, in which an extraterrestrial arrives on Earth to warn humanity about the dangers of atomic weapons.
Stephanie Kelley-Romano observes that "white extraterrestrials are those that are most revered", compared to other beings like the greys, and argues that claimants may use their stories about extraterrestrials "as a means of articulating racially based fears".
According to former U.S. Congress and Pentagon consultant, Timothy Good, United States president Dwight D. Eisenhower arranged for a meeting with the Nordic aliens at a remote air base in New Mexico in 1954 by sending out telepathic messages.
||This section includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Many of the human(oid) contacts reported by contactees are indeed Nordic-looking, but there are some notable ones that are not.
- Orthon—Skin: medium-coloured suntan. Hair: sandy. Eyes: grey-green.
- Firkon—Skin: fair. Hair: sandy. Eyes: grayish blue.
- Kalna—Skin: very fair. Hair: golden. Eyes: golden.
However, he also described some non-Nordic human(oid) ones.
- Ramu—Skin: ruddy. Hair: black. Eyes: dark brown.
- Ilmuth—Hair: black with reddish-brown highlights. Eyes: black with flashes of brown.
Some other contactees also have descriptions of their human(oid) contacts, with varying numbers of Nordic and non-Nordic ones.
- Howard Menger (some Nordic, like his woman on the rock, some non-Nordic)
- Truman Bethurum (all non-Nordic, especially Aura Rhanes)
- Elizabeth Klarer (at least some Nordic, like Akon)
- Billy Meier (some Nordic, like Semjase and Asket)
- Mysteries, Legends, and Unexplained Phenomena: UFOs and Aliens, by Preston Dennett, ed. Rosemary Ellen Guiley, Chelsea House/Infobase Publishing, 2008, p.55
- Bryan, C. D. B. (1995). Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind: Alien Abduction, UFOs, and the Conference at M.I.T. Knopf. pp. 30–31. ISBN 0-679-42975-1.
- Clark, Jerome (2000). Extraordinary Encounters: An Encyclopedia of Extraterrestrials and Otherworldly Beings. ABL-CIO. pp. 187–188. ISBN 1-57607-249-5.
- Chambers Dictionary of the Unexplained. Ed. Una McGovern. Chambers, 2007. pp. 489–490. ISBN 0-550-10215-9.
- Kelley-Romano, Stephanie (2006). "Mythmaking in Alien Abduction Narratives". Published in Extreme Deviance. Ed. Erich Goode. Pine Forge Press, 2007. p. 51. ISBN 1-4129-3722-1
- Randles, Jenny (1994). Alien Contacts & Abductions: The Real Story From the Other Side. Sterling. pp. 102–103. ISBN 0-8069-0751-7.
- Skal, David (1998). Screams of Reason: Mad Science and Modern Culture. Norton. p. 208. ISBN 0-393-04582-X.
- "Former American President Dwight D. Eisenhower had three secret meetings with aliens, a former US government consultant has claimed...Eisenhower and other FBI officials are said to have organised the showdown with the space creatures by sending out 'telepathic messages'...But the claims from Mr Good, a former U.S. Congress and Pentagon consultant, are the first to be made publicly by a prominent academic...The initial meeting is supposed to have taken place with aliens who were 'Nordic' in appearance, but the agreement was eventually 'signed' with a race called 'Alien Greys'."President Eisenhower had three secret meetings with aliens, former Pentagon consultant claims, Daily Mail, retrieved on Sunday, February 28th 2016
- Leslie, Desmond; Adamski, George (1953). Flying Saucers Have Landed. London: Thomas Werner Laurie. LCCN 54020807. OCLC 1952754.
- Adamski, George (1955). Inside the Space Ships. New York: Abelard-Schuman. LCCN 55010556. OCLC 543169.
- Menger, Howard (1959). From Outer Space to You.
- UFOs and Popular Culture Santa Barbara, CA. ABC-CLIO, Inc., 2000. ISBN 1-57607-265-7
- http://www.theironskeptic.com/articles/clarion/clarion.htm A sketch of Aura Rhanes is included
- Klarer, Elizabeth (1980). Beyond the Light Barrier.
- The Future Of Mankind - A Billy Meier Wiki - Semjase
- The Future Of Mankind - A Billy Meier Wiki - Asket
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nordic aliens.|