|Founder||John W. Nordstrom|
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|Geevy Thomas, President|
|Products||Clothing, jewelry, beauty, shoes, home furnishings and design , footwear, decor|
Nordstrom Rack is a fashion retailer based in the United States which is owned by Nordstrom and has both brick and mortar stores and an E-commerce website. Nordstrom Rack offers branded clothing and accessories for women, men, and kids at a large discount to consumers across the United States. Nordstrom Rack has been constantly growing and has over 113 brick and mortar stores.
In 1973, Nordstrom Rack opened their first store in Seattle as a clearance outlet full-line store. The first Nordstrom Rack location was in the basement of a downtown Seattle Nordstrom store.
Their website was launched in February 2014 by Hautelook who was acquired by Nordstrom in 2011. The Nordstrom Rack e-commerce site was built on a shared platform with Hautelook, which is Nordstrom’s flash sale business. When visiting the Nordstrom Rack's website, there is an option to navigate back and forth between Hautelook and Nordstrom Rack.
Nordstrom Rack makes up about a fifth of Nordstrom's overall sales. Since 2013 Nordstrom Rack has generated over 2.5 billion dollars in sales.
In 2017 Nordstrom Rack plans on opening stores in Canada which will begin their global expansion.
- Walter Loeb. "Nordstrom: An Impressive Growth Outlook for a Unique Retailer". Forbes. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- Casey Mcnerthney. "Seattle History: Nordstrom through the years". Seattle pi. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- "Nordstromrack.com | HauteLook Reduces Downtime by 80% Using New Relic Insights". New Relic. Retrieved 17 June 2015.
- Rachel Lerman. "Did you know Nordstrom Rack never had a website — until now?". Bizjournal.
- Marina Strauss. "Nordstrom delays openings of low-cost Rack stores in Canada". The Global and Mail. Retrieved June 17, 2015.