|Doctoral advisor||Richard Bumby|
Known internationally, Yui has been a visiting researcher at the Max-Planck-Institute in Bonn a number of times and a Bye-Fellow at Newnham College, University of Cambridge. Her research is based in arithmetic geometry with applications to mathematical physics and notably mirror symmetry. Currently, much of her work is focused upon the modularity of Calabi-Yau threefolds. Notably, she and Fernando Q. Gouvêa have shown that for a projective rigid Calabi-Yau threefold defined over , the -function of is the -function of a certain modular form.
Professor Yui has been the managing editor for the journal Communications in Number Theory and Physics since its inception in 2007. She has edited a number of monographs, and she has co-authored two books.
- "Noriko Yui at the Mathematics Genealogy Project". 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- "Mirror Symmetry for Elliptic Curves: The A-Model (Fermionic) Counting, by Mike Roth and Noriko Yui".
- Gouvea, Fernando Q.; Yui, Noriko (2009). "Rigid Calabi-Yau threefolds over are modular". arXiv: [math.NT].
- Yui, Noriko; Yau, Shing-Tung; Lewis, James Dominic (2006). Mirror Symmetry V, Eds. James D. Lewis, S.-T. Yau, Noriko Yui. ISBN 9780821842515.
- Brent Gordon, B (2000-01-01). The Arithmetic and Geometry of Algebraic Cycles, Eds. Brent Gordon et al. ISBN 9780821870204.
- Gouvêa, Fernando Q; Yui, Noriko (1995-05-11). The Arithmetic of Diagonal Hypersurfaces over Finite Fields. ISBN 9780521498340.
- "Generic Polynomials: Constructive Aspects of the Inverse Galois Problem, by Christian U. Jensen, Arne Ledet, and Noriko Yui".
|This article about a Canadian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|