|Operator||JSC "Taimyr Air Company"|
|Elevation AMSL||108 ft / 33 m|
Valek Airport (Russian: Аэропорт "Валек", Аэропорт "Валёк") (ICAO: UOOW) is a small airport in Krasnoyarsk krai, Russia located 9 km northeast of Norilsk along the Valkovskoye highway (Russian: Вальковское шоссе). The runway lies on the left bank of the Norilsk river. The airport is named for the nearby Valёk river, which is a tributary of the Norilsk river.
Beginning in 1950 to support the industrial giant now known as Norilsk Nickel, the Nadezhda Airport (Russian: аэропорт «Надежда») began as a Class 3 facility in the Civil Air Fleet with a Seaplane Base "Valek".
Small planes, such as the AN-2, AN-3, and similar types, and helicopters of all types are serviced at Valёk. The Taimyr Air Company (Russian: АК Таймыр) services AN-2, AN-3, Mi-8 T (Mil Mi-8), and Mi-8 MTV-1 Line (Mil Mi-17).
Nearest airports and the distance to them:
- (Russian) Taimyr Air Company (Taymyr Aviakompaniya) former official website
- (Russian) NordStar official website for Taymyr Air Company
- "Аэропорт Норильск: Главная→История аэропорта" [Norilsk Airport: Home→History Airport] (in Russian). Retrieved November 16, 2016.
- "АРХАНГЕЛЬСКАЯ АВИАКОМПАНИЯ "НОРДАВИА" УЙДЕТ ИЗ РЕГИОНА?" [Arkhangelsk airline "Nordavia" to leave the region?] (in Russian). Aviaport digest (Russian: Авиапорт.дайджест). Regnum. December 1, 2011. Retrieved November 16, 2016.
- "NordStar НОВОСТИ: Информация о назначении генерального директора ОАО «Авиакомпания «Таймыр»" (in Russian). NordStar. December 3, 2014. Retrieved November 16, 2016.
|This article about an airport in Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|