Nork-Marash Medical Center
|Nork-Marash Medical Center|
|Location||13 Armenak Armenakyan st., Nork-Marash district, Yerevan, Armenia|
|Affiliated university||Yerevan State Medical University|
|Lists||Hospitals in Armenia|
Nork-Marash Medical Center is a teaching hospital and biomedical research facility in Yerevan, Armenia, focused on cardiac care. It is led by Dr. Hagop (Hrayr) Hovaguimian, a Syrian-Armenian cardiothoracic surgeon from the University of Aleppo and St. Vincent's Hospital, Portland, Oregon. The center consists of cardiothoracic surgery, adult cardiology and pediatric cardiology divisions. Along with traditional open heart surgery, it covers also interventional cardiology and minimally invasive cardiac surgery. Electrophysiological interventions and radiofrequency ablations used to be performed there, but arrhythmology team later moved to Erebouni Medical Center, becoming Arrhythmology Cardiology Center of Armenia under Smbat Jamalyan.
Founded in the early 90s with the help of Armenian Diaspora's charity organizations in United States, United Kingdom and France, Nork-Marash Medical Center became one of the leaders in cardiac surgery in CIS region. Via its charity projects, the center has provided free cardiac surgical care for children from Russian Federation, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Georgia, Syria. Dr. Raffi Qasabian, a prominent Australian-Armenian endovascular surgeon from Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, regularly visits NMMC, performing complex endovascular procedures.
- "Armenian president visits Nork Marash medical center," April 4, 2012, in Tert.am website, at http://www.tert.am/en/news/2012/04/23/nork-marash1/ .
- "Nork-Marash Medical Center," in Placeandsee website, at http://placeandsee.com/nork-marash-medical-center .
- "Armenia Fund’s Newly Built Zangezur Cardiology Center Will Save Lives in Southern Armenia, Karabakh," Nov. 1, 2010, in Asbarez.com website, at http://asbarez.com/87776/armenia-funds-newly-built-zangezur-cardiology-center-will-save-lives-in-southern-armenia-karabakh/ .
- "Heart coronary catheterization and stents were for the first time implemented in Gyumri," Jan. 25, 2013, in Armenpress website, at http://armenpress.am/eng/news/706231/ .
- Nork-Marash Medical Center website
- Nork-Marash Medical Center CJSC page in Spyur, Yellow Pages of Armenia