Norma Jean Riley
|"Norma Jean Riley"|
|Single by Diamond Rio|
|from the album Diamond Rio|
|B-side||"Pick Me Up"|
|Released||March 23, 1992|
|Format||CD Single, 7" single|
|Label||Arista Nashville 12407|
|Diamond Rio singles chronology|
"Norma Jean Riley" is a song written by Rob Honey, Monty Powell and Dan Truman, and recorded by American country music group Diamond Rio. It was released in March 1992 as the fourth single from their self-titled album. Unlike the four other singles released from the album, a music video was not made for this song.
"Norma Jean Riley" is a very upbeat, bluegrass influenced song where the narrator is pining for Norma Jean Riley's affections. In each verse, he comes up with different ways to get her attention. By the time the song is over, he is planning to propose to her.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||3|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||40|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||34|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 105.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 2013." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. July 4, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Diamond Rio – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Diamond Rio.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1992". RPM. December 19, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Best of 1992: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|