From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Normalize)
|Look up normalization or normalisation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Normalization or normalisation refers to a process that makes something more normal or regular. More specifically, it may refer to:
Mathematics and statistics
- Normalization of an algebraic variety, the operation consisting in taking locally the integral closure of the ring of regular functions
- Normalization (statistics), adjustments of values or distributions in statistics
- Quantile normalization, statistical technique for making two distributions identical in statistical properties
- Normalizing (abstract rewriting), an abstract rewriting system in which every object has at least one normal form
- Normalization property (abstract rewriting), a property of a rewrite system in mathematical logic and theoretical computer science
- Normalizing constant, in probability theory a constant to make a non-negative function a probability density function
- Noether normalization lemma, result of commutative algebra
- The process of obtaining a normalized vector
- Normalized number, adjusting a floating point number's exponent so that the decimal point is in a fixed position.
- Normalization (sociology) or social normalization, the process through which ideas and actions are made to appear culturally "normal"
- Normalization model, used in visual neuroscience
- Normalisable wave function, in quantum mechanics a wave function normalized for probability distribution
- Normalization process theory, a sociological theory of the implementation of new technologies or innovations
- Numéraire, a basic standard by which value is computed, especially in economics
- Normalization (image processing), changing the range of pixel intensity values
- Normalized frequency (digital signal processing), unit of frequency cycles/sample in digital signal processing
- Audio normalization, process of uniformly increasing or decreasing the amplitude of an audio signal
- Database normalization, used in database theory
- Data normalization, general reduction of data to Canonical form
- Text normalization, modifying text to make it consistent
- NFD normalization, normalization form decomposition for Unicode string searches and comparisons in text processing
- URL normalization, process to modify URLs in a consistent manner
- Normalization (people with disabilities), principle to make conditions of everyday living available to people with disabilities
- Normalization (Czechoslovakia), the restoration of the conditions prevalent before the reform in Czechoslovakia, 1969
- Spatial normalization, step in image processing for neuroimaging
- A metallurgic process used in Annealing
- Prototype filter, for impedance and frequency normalization
- Normalized frequency (disambiguation)
- Normal form (disambiguation)
- Normal (disambiguation)
- All pages with titles containing "normalization" or "normalized"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Normalization.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.