|Date of birth||September 4, 1972|
|Place of birth||Queens, New York, USA|
|Date of death||May 14, 2010(aged 37)|
|Place of death||Walterboro, South Carolina, USA|
|NFL draft||1995 / Round: 5 / Pick: 158|
|1997–1999||San Diego Chargers|
|2000–2002||New Orleans Saints|
|2004||New York Giants|
Norman L. Hand (September 4, 1972 – May 14, 2010) was an American football defensive tackle in the NFL. He last played with the New York Giants in 2004. He also played with the Seattle Seahawks, the New Orleans Saints, the San Diego Chargers and the Miami Dolphins. With the Saints, Hand was part of a defensive line nicknamed "The Heavy Lunch Bunch", along with fellow 325-pounders Martin Chase and Grady Jackson; Hand was noted for his "Big Wiggle" celebration dance, and in 2000 he was part of the team that won the Saints' first playoff victory.
High school career
At Walterboro High School in Walterboro, South Carolina, Hand earned three letters in football, and also played baseball. As a senior, he was an honorable mention All-America selection by Parade and USA Today, and was the South Carolina High School Defensive Lineman of the Year. As a junior tight end, he caught 25 passes for 526 yards (21.04 yards per reception average).
Norman Hand was a two-year starter at the University of Mississippi, after transferring from Itawamba Junior College in Mississippi. As a senior, he posted 3.5 sacks, 61 tackles (three for losses), one interception, and one fumble recovery, and was a second team All-SEC selection. At Itawamba Junior College, he finished his two-year career with 18 sacks, 135 tackles, with 33 tackles for losses, four forced fumbles, and three fumble recoveries.
- "Former Walterboro, NFL player Norman Hand passes", WCSC-TV, May 14, 2010.
- Mike Triplett, "New Orleans Saints' Norman Hand remembered as 'one of the good guys'", Times-Picayune, May 14, 2010.
- Richard Goldstein, "Norman Hand, Who Helped Saints to First Playoff Win, Dies at 37", New York Times, May 17, 2010.
- Mike Triplett, "Heart disease caused former New Orleans Saints defensive tackle Norman Hand's death", Times-Picayune, May 17, 2010.
- "SC coroner: Ex-NFL player died of heart disease", AP at WMBF-TV, May 15, 2010.